1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Yoga Lady
Last Activity:
Mar 26, 2014

Share This Page

Yoga Lady

New Member, Female, from Ashland, Massachusetts

I am finally getting around to officially becoming a member. Long time reader/listener, first time creating a profile. Mar 3, 2014

Yoga Lady was last seen:
Mar 26, 2014
  • My Story

I have a very lonnngggg history with TMS. The first time around I suffered with back pain for approximately 5 years and did all the usual conventional treatment before I read Sarno. I knew immediately I suffered from TMS and was feeling great within 6 months or so! I felt good for approx. 3 years.

However, back in 2008 took a new job in an office. The back pain came back immediately while sitting at my desk and would subside away from work. I used to joke I was allergic to it! I finally went back to my physiatrist who believed previously it was TMS. She suggested I have an MRI for a baseline. The results showed much DDD since my last MRI and she thought it was physical and so did I. Subsequently, I had numerous injections, saw a chirpractor, etc. to no avail. The pain was only getting worse and worse and became chronic. I felt depressed and like my life was taken away from me again. I ended up having fusion surgery 2012 and that didn't help. I did pt, acupuncture, etc. About a year ago it hit me one day that it was TMS rearing it's ugly head again!

Since then I have done some reading, meditation, went back to yoga but have had minimal success relieving my back pain and weird leg feelings. I also have gone over my past and feel I do have a very good understanding of the roots of my TMS; childhood issues, low self esteem, goodist , perfectionist, OCD, bulimia for many years in the past. I am also very grateful for the wonderful things in my life too! However, I am having a very rough time. I guess deep down I really don't feel optimistic that my pain will leave. My symptoms are the worst going on vacation, social events, being w extended family. All the things that should be fun produce lots of pain, fear and anxiety for me. Help!

I must say I am so grateful for all the kind folks who have put this wonderful site together. It is a wealth of knowledge and feels great to realize that I am not alone. Thanks to all who have invested so much time and knowledge into helping others!
    1. Yoga Lady
      Yoga Lady
      I am finally getting around to officially becoming a member. Long time reader/listener, first time creating a profile.
      1. Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  • My Story

I have a very lonnngggg history with TMS. The first time around I suffered with back pain for approximately 5 years and did all the usual conventional treatment before I read Sarno. I knew immediately I suffered from TMS and was feeling great within 6 months or so! I felt good for approx. 3 years.

However, back in 2008 took a new job in an office. The back pain came back immediately while sitting at my desk and would subside away from work. I used to joke I was allergic to it! I finally went back to my physiatrist who believed previously it was TMS. She suggested I have an MRI for a baseline. The results showed much DDD since my last MRI and she thought it was physical and so did I. Subsequently, I had numerous injections, saw a chirpractor, etc. to no avail. The pain was only getting worse and worse and became chronic. I felt depressed and like my life was taken away from me again. I ended up having fusion surgery 2012 and that didn't help. I did pt, acupuncture, etc. About a year ago it hit me one day that it was TMS rearing it's ugly head again!

Since then I have done some reading, meditation, went back to yoga but have had minimal success relieving my back pain and weird leg feelings. I also have gone over my past and feel I do have a very good understanding of the roots of my TMS; childhood issues, low self esteem, goodist , perfectionist, OCD, bulimia for many years in the past. I am also very grateful for the wonderful things in my life too! However, I am having a very rough time. I guess deep down I really don't feel optimistic that my pain will leave. My symptoms are the worst going on vacation, social events, being w extended family. All the things that should be fun produce lots of pain, fear and anxiety for me. Help!

I must say I am so grateful for all the kind folks who have put this wonderful site together. It is a wealth of knowledge and feels great to realize that I am not alone. Thanks to all who have invested so much time and knowledge into helping others!