1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Last Activity:
Jan 19, 2023

Share This Page

New Member, Male, from US--Ohio

Any TMS sufferers use the Komuso Shift to help with breathing? Jan 4, 2022

239549 was last seen:
Jan 19, 2023
  • My Story

Recently I discovered that I was doing a lot of things that are commonly associated with TMS/PPD in early childhood. However, minor symptoms would come and go during adolescence/early adulthood.

My journey in searching for answers and solutions to my pain and symptoms officially started in 2016. Since becoming more familiar with TMS in the last couple months, I have been able to connect a lot more dots. Now, it’s apparent to me that things probably really got jump-started in high school, and kept getting worse as the years and stress progressed.

Things really started taking a taking a toll on me in the beginning of 2016. Since then I have made a lot of improvements, but still have a long way to go. I have become very aware of myself and can reflect on a sequence of events that worsened my situation. Still, I am pretty confident that the biggest factors are in connection to my wife and our relationship. I love my wife more than anything. We have been together since high school and have two sons. They are my world.

Unfortunately, my wife grew up in a dysfunctional home where she was subject to various types of abuse. She was resilient and successful through most of what she endured, or at least it seemed. To make a long story short, she ended up developing some unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with some of the things she experienced and it’s put me through it to say the least. She has been trying hard to do better since coming to terms with what I have experienced and realizing that many of her choices and behaviors have played the biggest role in my stress--mindbody issues.

Right now, I am trying to get over two major hurdles in my life.

1. I am working hard on forgiving my wife and rebuilding trust with her, while also maintaining boundaries and being supportive to the things she's struggled with. This is difficult because I still have questions and concerns regarding things from years ago that she didn't disclose until recently.

2. My biggest/longest TMS issue: Tightness and numbness in my pelvic floor. It started off with lots of burning pain in my penis and frequent urination following surgery. I have been examined to confirm there was no damage from the surgery. Since then I still have periodical issues with frequent urination / bowel movements. Now, the most depression symptom is that I don't have the same sensations during sex that I used to. It's not so Sometimes it feel like it is trying to coming back, but when I feel stressed it leaves.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I feel like I am receiving treatment for what’s going on, but want to make sure it is all the best approach for my situation.

Thanks!
    1. 239549
      Any TMS sufferers use the Komuso Shift to help with breathing?
    2. 239549
      If anxiety worsens symptoms of TMS, can treating anxiety with medication be helpful?
    3. 239549
      I'll accept any advice related to pelvic floor issues: pain, tightness, numbness.
  • My Story

Diagnoses:
    Trigger Finger, Irritable Bowel, Prostititis, Interstitial Cystitis, Small Fiber Neuropathy, Myofascial Pain, Pelvic Spasm.
    Recently I discovered that I was doing a lot of things that are commonly associated with TMS/PPD in early childhood. However, minor symptoms would come and go during adolescence/early adulthood.

My journey in searching for answers and solutions to my pain and symptoms officially started in 2016. Since becoming more familiar with TMS in the last couple months, I have been able to connect a lot more dots. Now, it’s apparent to me that things probably really got jump-started in high school, and kept getting worse as the years and stress progressed.

Things really started taking a taking a toll on me in the beginning of 2016. Since then I have made a lot of improvements, but still have a long way to go. I have become very aware of myself and can reflect on a sequence of events that worsened my situation. Still, I am pretty confident that the biggest factors are in connection to my wife and our relationship. I love my wife more than anything. We have been together since high school and have two sons. They are my world.

Unfortunately, my wife grew up in a dysfunctional home where she was subject to various types of abuse. She was resilient and successful through most of what she endured, or at least it seemed. To make a long story short, she ended up developing some unhealthy coping mechanisms to deal with some of the things she experienced and it’s put me through it to say the least. She has been trying hard to do better since coming to terms with what I have experienced and realizing that many of her choices and behaviors have played the biggest role in my stress--mindbody issues.

Right now, I am trying to get over two major hurdles in my life.

1. I am working hard on forgiving my wife and rebuilding trust with her, while also maintaining boundaries and being supportive to the things she's struggled with. This is difficult because I still have questions and concerns regarding things from years ago that she didn't disclose until recently.

2. My biggest/longest TMS issue: Tightness and numbness in my pelvic floor. It started off with lots of burning pain in my penis and frequent urination following surgery. I have been examined to confirm there was no damage from the surgery. Since then I still have periodical issues with frequent urination / bowel movements. Now, the most depression symptom is that I don't have the same sensations during sex that I used to. It's not so Sometimes it feel like it is trying to coming back, but when I feel stressed it leaves.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I feel like I am receiving treatment for what’s going on, but want to make sure it is all the best approach for my situation.

Thanks!