1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
sorella23
Last Activity:
Dec 16, 2020
Retired teacher

Share This Page

sorella23

New Member, Female, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Not sure why to put here. Sciatica pain for 5 months Nov 27, 2020

sorella23 was last seen:
Dec 16, 2020
  • My Story

I spoke of my new 'sciatica" pain in my intro. This has been going on 5 months. It is mostly at night so that watching TV with my husband has become painful. I take sleep meds and am otherwise up most of the night. Laying down is the worst! Besides the trauma we are all experiencing with the pandemic, my daughter had to deliver her daughter through a caesarian in April. My daughter was preeclampsic. They saved both of their lives. Our granddaughter was 1 pound 7 ounces at delivery and spent 106 days in the NICU. My daughter and her husband cared for her daily though they weren't allowed to be there at the same time because of the pandemic. We of course we're not allowed to see her at all. My daughter took time to video chat with me so I could see her. She is now home and thriving at 10.5 pounds. I live close and go to help daily. I go nowhere else and all good and meds are delivered. I am sure all of this is part of my trauma. I just want desperately to be out of pain (rarely feel it while caring for her) My daughter is experiencing her own PTSD but is a fabulous mother. Her husband also loves and cares for the baby. We are very fortunate and yet I feel pain intensely nightly. Oh I forgot, I finally accepted taking gabapentin which I don't want to do but it seems to help a bit and as I said I desperate. I have had an x-ray (no neuroblasts so cancer somewhat ruled out and I have an MRI scheduled in December. Pain doc wants to give me a steroid shot) I guess I should mention that my son is going to Rome for a year as part of a university program. It looks like a go ahead in spite of pandemic with many safety features in place.
    1. sorella23
      sorella23
      Not sure why to put here. Sciatica pain for 5 months
  • My Story

Retired teacher
    Diagnoses:
    "irritated nerve" or sciatica
    I spoke of my new 'sciatica" pain in my intro. This has been going on 5 months. It is mostly at night so that watching TV with my husband has become painful. I take sleep meds and am otherwise up most of the night. Laying down is the worst! Besides the trauma we are all experiencing with the pandemic, my daughter had to deliver her daughter through a caesarian in April. My daughter was preeclampsic. They saved both of their lives. Our granddaughter was 1 pound 7 ounces at delivery and spent 106 days in the NICU. My daughter and her husband cared for her daily though they weren't allowed to be there at the same time because of the pandemic. We of course we're not allowed to see her at all. My daughter took time to video chat with me so I could see her. She is now home and thriving at 10.5 pounds. I live close and go to help daily. I go nowhere else and all good and meds are delivered. I am sure all of this is part of my trauma. I just want desperately to be out of pain (rarely feel it while caring for her) My daughter is experiencing her own PTSD but is a fabulous mother. Her husband also loves and cares for the baby. We are very fortunate and yet I feel pain intensely nightly. Oh I forgot, I finally accepted taking gabapentin which I don't want to do but it seems to help a bit and as I said I desperate. I have had an x-ray (no neuroblasts so cancer somewhat ruled out and I have an MRI scheduled in December. Pain doc wants to give me a steroid shot) I guess I should mention that my son is going to Rome for a year as part of a university program. It looks like a go ahead in spite of pandemic with many safety features in place.