1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Mookers123
Last Activity:
Oct 5, 2019
Birthday:
May 28, 1992 (Age: 31)

Share This Page

Mookers123

Newcomer, Female, 31

Pelvic Pain that has taken over my life please help Sep 6, 2019

Mookers123 was last seen:
Oct 5, 2019
  • My Story

Hello- this is my story and current situation. July 2 2019 was the beginning of my nightmare. I woke up that morning to what I thought was a yeast infection. I was in urgent care by noon having cultures taken and STD testing. Everything was negative and normal flora. Symptoms started to escalate and the burning got worse and pain moved toward my clitoris and buttocks. I have gone to many gyno's and doctors whom don't know how to help me. Currently I'm managing with opioids and compounded meds which are making things worse. I have no life, I lost my job and I'm 27 years old having to live on disability and move in with my mom. At this point I have full blown PGAD, PN symptoms (electrical shocks and internal hot poker burning) and tailbone pain. My bladder is fluttering constantly and it hurts to urinate at times. A very well known Urogyno diagnosed me with Left sided PN and Vulvodynia form possible sports injury. I was referred to pelvic floor therapy. I found the best of the best in my area, where I am currently going now. I have had two sessions and already developed an infection. IDK how but of course I have struggled with chronic infections my whole life. My story has a weird factor. My mother has the same thing I have. She got diagnosed 4 years ago. She has lost her life and struggles ever since. I find it crazy that I have someone that understands exactly what I'm going through, however; I don't want to be like this and 4 years from now. limited completely at life and miserable. I need help and reassurance that this can go away. I can't accept that the doctors think this is a sport injury. Right before this happened a week prior I had been going through what you would call a quarter life crisis. I remember thinking back in June how I was a little manic and stressed about life and time. Then July 2nd I woke up with this. Please someone tell me this could be TMS. My symptoms are so real and painful its hard to grasp the fact that this is self inflicted by TMS. Could it be that my Pudendal nerve is being agitated causing PGAD and XYZ from Hypertension of pelvic floor muscles from TMS? Can this self induced Hypertension be capable of crushing the PN like that? My question I guess really is- Can this really all go away completely where I don't even have to hinder my life? Is that really possible through the TMS approach if this is a TMS issue? I went from waking up at 5 am running before work, being the top surgical tech to completely bed ridden. Please tell me someone out there has gone through this and is past it completley.
    1. JanAtheCPA
      JanAtheCPA
      If you post this on the Support subforum more people will see it and comment. The 1st thing you (& your mother) must do is read a Dr Sarno book: I recommend The Divided Mind. Start doing our Structured Educational Program, and don't let your brain try to avoid anything. Stories on our Success Stories subforum show that recovery is possible and happens all the time!
    2. Pratik Rao
      Pratik Rao
      Even I had a very hard time grasping that idea.
      Also I gave up hope many a time and even tried ending my life. But when I met the community and they supported me, I got the will to survive. Also, my fiance is a big motivating factor. I would recommend reading the success stories
      1. JanAtheCPA likes this.
    3. Pratik Rao
      Pratik Rao
      I understand your situation and why you are freaking out. Like you, even I am relatively new to this forum and am suffering from PNE for the past 4 years. However, some attitudinal changes and guidance from the TMS community have helped me a lot. You really need to get in touch with your emotions and start feeling them. Do not think about them, rather feel them.
      1. JanAtheCPA likes this.
      2. Mookers123
        Mookers123
        Im having a hard time grasping that idea. I don't view myself as someone that represses emotions. I do feel them. lol I Cry all the time. Can I ask what types of treatments you have done and what has worked for you during the journey. How do you still hold onto hope after 4 years?
        Sep 8, 2019
    4. Mookers123
      Mookers123
      Pelvic Pain that has taken over my life please help
  • My Story

Birthday:
    May 28, 1992 (Age: 31)
    Diagnoses:
    Vulvodynia/ Pudendal neuralgia
    Hello- this is my story and current situation. July 2 2019 was the beginning of my nightmare. I woke up that morning to what I thought was a yeast infection. I was in urgent care by noon having cultures taken and STD testing. Everything was negative and normal flora. Symptoms started to escalate and the burning got worse and pain moved toward my clitoris and buttocks. I have gone to many gyno's and doctors whom don't know how to help me. Currently I'm managing with opioids and compounded meds which are making things worse. I have no life, I lost my job and I'm 27 years old having to live on disability and move in with my mom. At this point I have full blown PGAD, PN symptoms (electrical shocks and internal hot poker burning) and tailbone pain. My bladder is fluttering constantly and it hurts to urinate at times. A very well known Urogyno diagnosed me with Left sided PN and Vulvodynia form possible sports injury. I was referred to pelvic floor therapy. I found the best of the best in my area, where I am currently going now. I have had two sessions and already developed an infection. IDK how but of course I have struggled with chronic infections my whole life. My story has a weird factor. My mother has the same thing I have. She got diagnosed 4 years ago. She has lost her life and struggles ever since. I find it crazy that I have someone that understands exactly what I'm going through, however; I don't want to be like this and 4 years from now. limited completely at life and miserable. I need help and reassurance that this can go away. I can't accept that the doctors think this is a sport injury. Right before this happened a week prior I had been going through what you would call a quarter life crisis. I remember thinking back in June how I was a little manic and stressed about life and time. Then July 2nd I woke up with this. Please someone tell me this could be TMS. My symptoms are so real and painful its hard to grasp the fact that this is self inflicted by TMS. Could it be that my Pudendal nerve is being agitated causing PGAD and XYZ from Hypertension of pelvic floor muscles from TMS? Can this self induced Hypertension be capable of crushing the PN like that? My question I guess really is- Can this really all go away completely where I don't even have to hinder my life? Is that really possible through the TMS approach if this is a TMS issue? I went from waking up at 5 am running before work, being the top surgical tech to completely bed ridden. Please tell me someone out there has gone through this and is past it completley.