1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Nicole J. Sachs LCSW
Last Activity:
Mar 7, 2024
Home Page:
Therapist

Share This Page

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Therapist and TMS Author, Female

New Brand Launch! Jun 28, 2016

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW was last seen:
Mar 7, 2024
  • My Story

The following is the Preface of the Meaning of Truth, in it’s entirety. I can’t think of a better way to describe, “Me.”

I am a therapist.

I am more than that. I am a mother, a partner, a really good friend, a saver and a fixer. I am really needy sometimes. I am vulnerable and raw, then embarrassed that I let myself. I am strong and stubborn more than necessary. I’m so in love with love, it has hurt me. I’m so in love with love, it has saved me. I try too hard. I am obsessed with my children’s happiness. I am overwhelmed by the demands of motherhood. I am fueled by admiration. I am lifted by people brave enough to say they are not brave. At times I wish everyone would just leave me alone. I am full of gratitude. I am scared I will never be good enough. I am eternally hopeful.

I am a human being. So are you.

~ ~ ~

When you feel resistance, try to be curious enough to listen to me.

When you feel stuck and exhausted, know that I am here with you.

When you find it impossible to believe what I propose, read this whole book and then ask yourself another time.

When you need inspiration, I will tell you my story again. Or somebody else’s who is generous enough to join us. I will remind you that I am human, just like you, right by your side. I am no better because I am sitting on this side of the couch. Once you “get” what I’m telling you, our positions could be reversed easily. Take solace in that.

Come along on this journey. Live a life of truth. Release your pain. Imagine that you have a choice. Suspend your disbelief. Consider that your burden can be lighter, even if the details of your life remain exactly the same. Stop tolerating discontent, misery, helplessness, resignation. Let go of the giving up. If you can’t do it for you, start by doing it for me. It won’t be long before you are doing it for both of us.

For the rest of this book, (and perhaps for your forever, if you will invite me to be)…I am your therapist. I am in it with you. I know that I can’t be in the room with you, but I hope that my spirit and energy can, as you read this book and long after you put it down. If you don’t believe that this is possible, give me a chance to prove it. When I ask you to be thoughtful about something, consider that the life you save is your own. When I ask you to tell me your darkest, most raw, primitive truths, realize that you are most importantly speaking to yourself. No one else needs to hear. But YOU do.

And the life you save is your own. (Did I say that already?) The world will not come crashing down. You will not drown.

You will breathe.

Don’t be afraid. I will help you.
    1. JanAtheCPA
      JanAtheCPA
      Three years later, and I'm just now catching up to Nicole's brilliant work. If you've been holding back, too fearful to really open yourself up to the true emotional work you need to do, Nicole will help you learn to love yourself enough to finally take that risk so that you can finally start to heal.
      1. Beverley likes this.
    2. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW
    3. Eric "Herbie" Watson
      Eric "Herbie" Watson
      This is Awesome Nicole, thank you
  • My Story

Home Page:
    http://www.thecureforchronicpain.com
    Therapist
    The following is the Preface of the Meaning of Truth, in it’s entirety. I can’t think of a better way to describe, “Me.”

I am a therapist.

I am more than that. I am a mother, a partner, a really good friend, a saver and a fixer. I am really needy sometimes. I am vulnerable and raw, then embarrassed that I let myself. I am strong and stubborn more than necessary. I’m so in love with love, it has hurt me. I’m so in love with love, it has saved me. I try too hard. I am obsessed with my children’s happiness. I am overwhelmed by the demands of motherhood. I am fueled by admiration. I am lifted by people brave enough to say they are not brave. At times I wish everyone would just leave me alone. I am full of gratitude. I am scared I will never be good enough. I am eternally hopeful.

I am a human being. So are you.

~ ~ ~

When you feel resistance, try to be curious enough to listen to me.

When you feel stuck and exhausted, know that I am here with you.

When you find it impossible to believe what I propose, read this whole book and then ask yourself another time.

When you need inspiration, I will tell you my story again. Or somebody else’s who is generous enough to join us. I will remind you that I am human, just like you, right by your side. I am no better because I am sitting on this side of the couch. Once you “get” what I’m telling you, our positions could be reversed easily. Take solace in that.

Come along on this journey. Live a life of truth. Release your pain. Imagine that you have a choice. Suspend your disbelief. Consider that your burden can be lighter, even if the details of your life remain exactly the same. Stop tolerating discontent, misery, helplessness, resignation. Let go of the giving up. If you can’t do it for you, start by doing it for me. It won’t be long before you are doing it for both of us.

For the rest of this book, (and perhaps for your forever, if you will invite me to be)…I am your therapist. I am in it with you. I know that I can’t be in the room with you, but I hope that my spirit and energy can, as you read this book and long after you put it down. If you don’t believe that this is possible, give me a chance to prove it. When I ask you to be thoughtful about something, consider that the life you save is your own. When I ask you to tell me your darkest, most raw, primitive truths, realize that you are most importantly speaking to yourself. No one else needs to hear. But YOU do.

And the life you save is your own. (Did I say that already?) The world will not come crashing down. You will not drown.

You will breathe.

Don’t be afraid. I will help you.