1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
directingart
Last Activity:
Jun 19, 2016

Following 1

Birthday:
Oct 15, 1970 (Age: 53)
Creative Director - Live events producer/director

Share This Page

directingart

New Member, Male, 53, from Toronto

So what do you do when it's been months since you at least consciously accepted Dr. Sarnos diagnoses and the pain has spread and much worse May 9, 2016

directingart was last seen:
Jun 19, 2016
  • My Story

Story starts in 2008 waking up without being able to move my right arm or my neck - got X-rays which didn't show any noticeable problems so my doctor suggested rest and a ciroprator. After 3 months of pain and sleeping sitting up with my head resting on a corner of a chair I had put in front of my bed I decided to go back to doctor and ask for some more tests. Got a MRI which showed problems with C5,6,7 and their discs. Was sent to surgeon and told that I may need my discs fused but that he(the surgeon) would like me to wait and see what time would bring. After about 6 more years of MRIs and 3 different surgeons they all thought I should wait longer to see what more time would bring. Time brought nothing until late 2015 - at this point I had decide to forget all my doctors suggestions of not doing any real exercises and I began to box again and run. 3 months later my side/back became extremely painful. Saw doctor he said probably just the exercise and not to worry - 3 more months now with no exercise and now I can barely walk - another MRI this time on my back - the L4,5 vertebrae and discs look to have some damage. After receiving this news I'm told to take it easy.

Well here I am now 6 months from my back MRI and I can't walk a block without having squat and wait usually 5 minutes until I can walk again. I saw my doctor In December 2016 and still haven't been given any usuable instructions for my back and leg pain. My pain has spread from lower back/hip to my calf and ankle. As per my own diagnoses I thought it sounded like sciatica so I went online for help. Found tons of exercises and yoga which is been doing for about a month and havent felt any better so back to google. I found a sciatica website. On the website buried in an article was Dr John Sarno's name and book as suggested reading. I've read all his books now and I'm hopeful for the first time since 2008 that there's something I can do to help myself. Most people I've spoken to about TMS look at me like I've got 6 heads, which I'm use to since I've got 7 - I joke of course since these days, jokes are the only thing that puts a smile on my face.

Anyway I've rambled on - I'm at the point Dr Sarno speaks of in his books I've tried everything from freezing my spin to acupuncher and more, it's coming on 7 years and I fear what else my body will do to make me find a better life. I need help but I'm not sure where to begin.
    1. directingart
      directingart
      So what do you do when it's been months since you at least consciously accepted Dr. Sarnos diagnoses and the pain has spread and much worse
    2. directingart
      directingart
      It would be nice if just for a day pain would take a break
    3. directingart
      directingart
      Does anyone who has back pain and sciatica pain have any "back mice/mouse" on their lower back.
    4. directingart
      directingart
      I know it's not an easy road for some, but is it too much to want a few green lights along this journey, too many red lights on this road.
    5. directingart
      directingart
      Are there any TMS groups/meet ups anywhere in Toronto or within 100k-200k of southern Ontario Canada, any info is appreciated - thx
      1. Forest likes this.
      2. Forest
        Forest
        Sadly, there aren't. I'm not aware of any in-person groups or meetups at the moment. If you put "doctor or therapist" into our search box, you might be able to find a practitioner if you are lucky.
        Feb 13, 2016
        directingart likes this.
    6. Forest
      Forest
      Can you sign out and and provide a screen shot of what you describe? Also, what device and browser are you using? Click the ellipsis dots to reply.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Forest
        Forest
        forestfortreesweb@gmail.com will work well.
        Feb 8, 2016
      3. directingart
        directingart
        Perfect will send shortly
        Feb 8, 2016
      4. Forest
        Forest
        Received. I'll forward it along.
        Feb 8, 2016
    7. directingart
      directingart
      New to all this - just finished 2 of Dr Sarno's books and after 8 yrs I'm hopefull the light at the end of tunnel won't be a train anymore
      1. Norrie likes this.
    8. directingart
      directingart
      Finally after almost 40 minutes I was able to create account. CAPTCHA had a box covering bottom 3 pic so it wouldn't work.
  • My Story

Birthday:
    Oct 15, 1970 (Age: 53)
    Creative Director - Live events producer/director
    Diagnoses:
    C5,6,7, L4,5 vertebrae damage and disc compression - birthday is September not October 15
    Story starts in 2008 waking up without being able to move my right arm or my neck - got X-rays which didn't show any noticeable problems so my doctor suggested rest and a ciroprator. After 3 months of pain and sleeping sitting up with my head resting on a corner of a chair I had put in front of my bed I decided to go back to doctor and ask for some more tests. Got a MRI which showed problems with C5,6,7 and their discs. Was sent to surgeon and told that I may need my discs fused but that he(the surgeon) would like me to wait and see what time would bring. After about 6 more years of MRIs and 3 different surgeons they all thought I should wait longer to see what more time would bring. Time brought nothing until late 2015 - at this point I had decide to forget all my doctors suggestions of not doing any real exercises and I began to box again and run. 3 months later my side/back became extremely painful. Saw doctor he said probably just the exercise and not to worry - 3 more months now with no exercise and now I can barely walk - another MRI this time on my back - the L4,5 vertebrae and discs look to have some damage. After receiving this news I'm told to take it easy.

Well here I am now 6 months from my back MRI and I can't walk a block without having squat and wait usually 5 minutes until I can walk again. I saw my doctor In December 2016 and still haven't been given any usuable instructions for my back and leg pain. My pain has spread from lower back/hip to my calf and ankle. As per my own diagnoses I thought it sounded like sciatica so I went online for help. Found tons of exercises and yoga which is been doing for about a month and havent felt any better so back to google. I found a sciatica website. On the website buried in an article was Dr John Sarno's name and book as suggested reading. I've read all his books now and I'm hopeful for the first time since 2008 that there's something I can do to help myself. Most people I've spoken to about TMS look at me like I've got 6 heads, which I'm use to since I've got 7 - I joke of course since these days, jokes are the only thing that puts a smile on my face.

Anyway I've rambled on - I'm at the point Dr Sarno speaks of in his books I've tried everything from freezing my spin to acupuncher and more, it's coming on 7 years and I fear what else my body will do to make me find a better life. I need help but I'm not sure where to begin.