Recent content by tmrf

  1. T

    Looking for some encouragement due to recent persistent knee pain

    Thank you so much for your suggestions and kind words Jan. It is nice to know there is an online community which understands. I am very familiar with Dr. Sarno's work. I own and have read Healing Back Pain (several times). I also own a DVD recording of Dr. Sarno lecturing about his theory. I...
  2. T

    Looking for some encouragement due to recent persistent knee pain

    I am struggling with knee pain in both knees. It has been off and on for about 8 weeks, but has been more persistent for the last week or so. One week ago I stressed them by over doing it on an elliptical machine. I know now I used bad form and distributed my weight into my knees instead of my...
  3. T

    Arm pain

    I am sorry to hear about your knee pain. I had that a couple of times and it went away. It is very interesting - when I think about it, I start to remember all the different episodes of pain I have had over the years. Each time something flares up I seem to thinks it is something new and...
  4. T

    Arm pain

    Very kind of you. Thanks so much!!! Did your pain come on gradually? It seems like you are pretty fit, so did you stop all activity when the pain came on? If so, for how long, before you returned to the gym? I'm not a kid. I am 51, but pretty fit. Can run an 8.25 minute mile. The 4 weeks away...
  5. T

    Arm pain

    Thank you. This is helpful. Your situation does sound a lot like mine. I will try out your suggestions. Your last line is interesting. I just watched the You Tube video called "Never give up" which features Arthur's story. Very inspirational.
  6. T

    Arm pain

    I am curious to hear more Waterbear. I went to the gym this morning and have a lot of pain now. Did some dips and chest exercises. Feel worse than I have for 3 weeks. I just wish I knew what to believe. I had xrays of my arm and elbow and the doctor saw nothing. Is there such a thing as soft...
  7. T

    Arm pain

    Thank you all for your encouraging words. It helps so much to read stories of over-comers!
  8. T

    Arm pain

    Thanks again for responding. Last time I recovered after I got good and mad over being in pain for almost three years. I quit the PT, Chiropractic, medication and special exercises. I threw away the special pillows and various devices I had purchased to correct my problems. I went back to the...
  9. T

    Arm pain

  10. T

    Arm pain

    Any tips for moving beyond this frozen state Gigalos? I loaned Steve's book to somebody who is far worse off than me, but I sure could use it now.
  11. T

    Arm pain

    Gigalos: Thank you for taking the time to post. I agree, it seems a little uncanny. I attributed it to the fact that I was working both arms on the same curling machine. As a matter of fact I get pain on my left side where my neck and shoulder meet. I am never sure whether this is TMS or a...
  12. T

    Arm pain

    Thank you for your comments Walt. I read Steve's book about one year ago. I found it to be very compelling. I think I turned down or highlighted 50% of the pages. I liked it so much, I loaned it to a friend who has been dealing with rheumatoid type pain. I do not know why I am struggling so much...
Back
Top