Recent content by susang

  1. S

    Day 7 Take a Day Off

    Funny! It's been a few weeks since I did an assignment and posted here, and I was feeling guilty about not doing it perfectly, ie, every single day no matter what. Then I jump in and find the next assignment is to do something I enjoy doing. I have been working really hard at looking at...
  2. S

    Day 5 Something I enjoy doing

    thank you both for the encouragement. Explorer, is Mind Body Prescription a book?
  3. S

    Day 6 Not so structured

    I am taking my time with this program. I am also not doing the lists and the journalling exactly as laid out in the program, and I feel okay about it. My daily life is very busy, and what seems to be best is to try and work a little on this recovery every day, either by doing the educational...
  4. S

    Day 5 Something I enjoy doing

    hmmm....without stress or worrying about my family? I think I did it tonight I went to an event at my local bookstore. And I took a very nice walk in the woods today. Monday is a day I try to do only what I wish....I usually work on the weekends and so before the kids come home I try to...
  5. S

    Day 1 Thrilled to be here

    Hi Terry, I too so relate to what you wrote about being someone who does a tremendous amount of work on myself. I see the pain as a gift that has help me go deeper into the abandonment I felt as a child. I became an over achiever to cope with that loss. Thanks for sharing. Best, Susan...
  6. S

    Day 4 I lucked out

    What's the worst thing a doctor has ever said to me? I've been REALLY lucky here. I've never had an MRI. I was just about to, as well. I had a chiropractor tell me over the summer that I was talking myself out of healing....I was actually trying to tell HIM that the adjustments weren't...
  7. S

    Day 3 My mind really hates me.

    whoops trying to help me but I need oxygen in those areas. NOW." After taking a long walk with a good friend and venting to many good friends I simply restated the boundary and refused to engage. And the pain went away. Then on the heels of that my mother accused me of being...
  8. S

    Day 3 My mind really hates me.

    Hi all: just first of all, thank you so incredibly much for the feedback. I've been away on a business trip and today am feeling myself again, with all the work and jet lag it takes a couple days. While I was gone, some interesting things happened. We have set some new boundaries with our...
  9. S

    Day 2 Angry and Sad

    Thank you Susan for some reason my caps isn't working...but I would have put an exclamation mark there. and here. score one for releasing perfect
  10. S

    Day 3 My mind really hates me.

    Wow. Yesterday and today I had so many moments of insight. I cannot believe how my mind is usually trying to kill me--and I'm only sort of joking. I cannot believe how aware I have become of how much I beat myself up. No wonder I have TMS. Who the hell can live with that much pressure and...
Back
Top