Recent content by Steakandeggs

  1. S

    SEP - Day 1

    SEP day 17 - I read Monte's blog post about thinking psychologically rather than about synptoms https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/MonteH:_Investigate_Your_Emotions (MonteH: Investigate Your Emotions) One thing I really related to was asking myself if my thoughts are creating tension within me? This...
  2. S

    SEP - Day 1

    SEP Day 15 - I did a written dialogue technique in my journal tonight between me and my wife over how to get the kids to sleep. We have different opinions over how best to do this, which has caused a lot of frustration and anger in me over the last few years. However, this exercise allowed me...
  3. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Thanks for the advice Andy. Undoubtedly, I engage in a lot of internal controlling of myself. How does my inner child feel about it? I'm sure he thinks that he'd just like some time to have fun again and relax. Instead, he's being told we have to complete xyz on our to do list today and we can't...
  4. S

    SEP - Day 1

    SEP - Day 13 Just a quick post to check in. Feeling less stressed currently and quite happy after resolving to work on my controlling personality trait. I intend to keep it up! Undoubtedly, the book that really cemented my belief in TMS was Sarno's Mind Body Prescription. I was engrossed in it...
  5. S

    SEP - Day 1

    SEP - Day 12 Tonight I journaled about my controlling personality trait. It's something I've become very aware of recently and it's creating a lot of internal anger and resistance. I've noticed I'm particularly controlling towards my eldest son. For example, judging what he should be watching on...
  6. S

    SEP - Day 1

    SEP Day 10 - I feel my TMS treatment is going well. I'm really enjoying this course and getting deep into journaling. I feel more confident and less anxious about the TMS symptoms. However, despite this and being 100% convinced that the symptoms are TMS, I really haven't seen much improvement in...
  7. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Day 9 - the exercises today were ideal for dealing with some anger and frustration I felt today, and as a result, a slight flare up in symptoms. I realised there were several small issues that I was getting frustrated about at the time. However, today I learnt to address each of this issues in...
  8. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Day 8 - on the subject of whether to keep a record of your pain intensity, I would say, for me, definitely not. I don't find it helpful at all. I saw a physiotherapist who specialised in OAB and she had me keeping a detailed record of how many times I went per day, at what time of day, how...
  9. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Just a side note on today - intended to have a full day off from work but I ended up doing some work and some family time. Did feel quite stressed during the day about a couple of aspects of my work, and both times I got very strong headaches, which is unusual for me. Whether this was the TMS...
  10. S

    SEP - Day 1

    SEP day 6 - I was journaling about a past event tonight that has caused me to internalise a lot of anger over the years. I don't want to go into details on a public forum, but I have always felt that I didn't say enough at the time to the person who had wronged and always regretted not saying...
  11. S

    SEP - Day 1

    I prioritised myself today, which links in well with SEP day 5. I went for a long walk with a good friend and revealed to him what I've been going through the last few years. He couldn't have been more supportive and gave me some great advice. I came back home feeling like a weight had been...
  12. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Day 4 of SEP - the most disheartening thing my GP said to me about the symptoms was that it was just something I would have to live with, after having tried various different drugs. This frustrated me as I'd always believe that every problem has a solution. To be honest, I didn't really believe...
  13. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Hi Andy Thanks for the welcome. It took me a few reads to understand your point but now I have it. I am once again doing what I've done my whole life - striving to do everything I can to reach an end goal (my TMS symptoms clearing up) and perhaps getting a little frustrated with myself that...
  14. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Day 2 of the program. The most surprising thing for me from the Kim Ruby article is that it's not necessary to eliminate nor manage stress. To eliminate my TMS symptoms, I simply need to identify and acknowledge the unacceptable emotions that are threatening my self-image. The exercise on the...
  15. S

    SEP - Day 1

    Hi, I've been browsing the site for a few weeks now and gone through Alan Gordon's course. Tonight I've started the SEP and this is my first post in the forum. I'm a male in my mid 30s. Around 6 years ago, out of the blue, I developed symptoms of overactive bladder (OAB) - frequency and...
Back
Top