Recent content by Painfree

  1. Painfree

    Pain Free ...... Weight Gain

    Thank you Eric and Lori for your comments. I think I have feared losing weight, as I associated it with pain. So I just haven’t gone there. And I think you are right in that it is just another part of the programming or conditioning, and that I could let that go too. I wonder if another...
  2. Painfree

    Pain, Addiction and Self-harming

    Hi Joseph. I never took low dose pain killers as they didn't seem to actually do anything to lesson my pain. Very occasionally towards the end I would take tramadol on my doctor's advice to knock myself out from very acute pain. This was when I was literally bed bound and usually after the...
  3. Painfree

    Pain, Addiction and Self-harming

    Pain becomes an addiction. A fix. I’m not talking about dull aches. They’re just annoying, an irritation. I’m talking about the heroin of pain. The hard stuff. The pain so bad you transcend and escape. The pain so bad you allow yourself the really strong painkillers saved for only these...
  4. Painfree

    Pain Free ...... Weight Gain

    Thank you for your replies Lily Rose and Ellen. I love this! It actually reminded me of a piece I had written years ago when I was in pain about addiction, taking the comparison as far as self-harming. I wrote it to put on my blog (http://painfatigueandme.wordpress.com/about/) but didn't in...
  5. Painfree

    Pain Free ...... Weight Gain

    Thank you, that's really interesting. Something new for me to work on :)
  6. Painfree

    Pain Free ...... Weight Gain

    It sure is!!!! Thanks for your response Hecate. Please could I ask what you mean by "temperature control"? I ask becasue I am always cold.....
  7. Painfree

    Pain Free ...... Weight Gain

    I had TMS once. And I thought I had it beaten. I was so confident in my success that I wrote a blog, describing how I freed myself from 2 years of chronic pain. I wanted to rid the world of chronic pain by directing sufferers to Dr Sarno’s books. But now, reading this forum, I feel a seed of...
Back
Top