I haven't journaled consistently as of recent but I really like a method of writing called 'webbing' (I think there is also another name for it) that is in Dr. Schubiner's book about anxiety and depression. This is not traditional journaling per se in that the writer is not writing full...
Hello bur,
Thank you very much for your insightful post. Your story makes sense to me. I'm currently going through the TMS recovery forum by Alan Gordon here on the website and it appears that a large part of the focus has to do with somatic tracking and facing our fears that is then causing...
I have contemplated a career change now for several years but have been 'hanging in there' because I haven't been able to make a decision about my next career path. I have a professional degree in health care but have never really been content with my work. My symptoms (pain, panic/anxiety)...
I work as a physical therapist. I know many people have differing experiences with physical therapy when it comes to pain. However, there has been extensive research regarding the neuroscience of pain by physical therapists in recent years. In addition to the neural pathway changes, it has...
Hi,
My name is Mike. Like most folks here I've dealt with chronic pain for many years (10 years). I'm a very active person and most people would never know how much pain I'm in because I don't talk about it and I just keep plugging along day in and day out to function. I first learned about...
Hello,
I have worked as a physical therapist for about four years. Roughly six months ago I came across information about Dr. Sarno and started reading his book, The Divided Mind. I have been so fascinated with this information and think about it a lot. With my particular practice, I often...
Hello,
I first discovered information about TMS and Dr. Sarno on the web a couple months ago. I actually work as a physical therapist and I see patients with chronic pain everyday. I read his book Healing Back Pain and have also read parts of The Divided Mind. I have found these books...