Recent content by Max

  1. Max

    John E. Sarno on Physical Activity

    I have fallen foul of the all out approach, there's nothing wrong with me. I failed, and actually hurt myself in trying. You are right, take it easy and gently. But keep going, and keep building every day. I started swimming recently, and have really begun to enjoy it. After getting over the...
  2. Max

    Day 8 My progress so far

    Valerie. Well done, and exercise is great for breaking out and convincing your mind there is nothing to fear. I have taken up swimming recently. At first it was very tough, and I didn't enjoy it. It is very difficult to overcome fear.Swimming is wonderful and safe. You can't hurt yourself, if...
  3. Max

    Day 4 The Most Disheartening News

    The doctors issue really does ring so true. You can see ten different doctors about your pain, and quite literally end up with ten differing diagnosis and opinion. Where does that leave us? Anxious ? You bet, confused, worried, etc etc. There you have the perfect fuel for your TMS!
  4. Max

    Feb 9 discussion group

    Hi all, I have not been around in a while.But am still battling with my pain. I kinda have an idea, that I would like to run by you. The forum is a fantastic way fir everyone to share their experiences, whether good or bad. But In essence, everyone is kinda working alone, although maybe sharing...
  5. Max

    Thinking psychological even when feeling good

    Your post certainly gives the impression that you are feeling good, really pleased for your progress.Good luck and keep moving forward, I am sure that you will get there. :-)
  6. Max

    Affirmations

    Hi sewmuch, have you previously succesfully healed from TMS, and if so did the affirmations prove instrumental in that process? My apologies I have just seen your other post on your recovery. Well done, congratulations, an inspiration to others :)
  7. Max

    A resumption of regular activity/exercise

    Personally I find this aspect of recovery quite challenging.As someone who was very fit and active prior to TMS I quite simply try to hard to get back to where I was.Push too much every day, instead of taking a more gradual course to getting back to where I was. Dr Sarno mentions that a key to...
  8. Max

    Cute article about feeling emotions

    Veronica your last post is a big step in the right direction for you, one of those aha moments.You seem to have made a sound connection with an issue which may have been sub consciously troubling you for some time.Could this be one of your triggers? Possibly something to address via some...
  9. Max

    Sympathy

    While working through my programme I have hit upon something that on the face of it should be helpful,when in fact for me at least it is counter productive. The sympathetic voice of someone close,for me at least becomes counter productive.I have actually caught myself at times talking in a...
  10. Max

    Structured program day 1

    Hi Linea,welcome to the forum where you will find many others who have a similar problem to your own. The forum is friendly,understanding and very supportive. You are now most certainly in the right place! As you have just mentioned you already feel a little more positive in your outlook, with...
  11. Max

    Affirmations

    I,ve dug out a previous post which is something that I am presently using and finding most helpful. Re programming the mind it appears is very important to recovery. The link is posted below : http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Affirmations At the bottom of the page is a link to a previous...
  12. Max

    Great News! My neck is killing me!

    I am sure you can conquer this fear, and you will conquer it. Think it through carefully, but with a very positive mindset, perhaps using some self talk to assist you. Keep focused and take it slowly at first, and perhaps only staying there a short time at first, even if that is only minutes, it...
Back
Top