Recent content by lighthouse15

  1. L

    Day 6 Meditation

    Matt One of the key steps in setting yourself up for a mindful meditation session is before you gently move your focus to the breath, you sit and let sounds come to you. Observe your reaction to the sounds. This is key and is a technique applied to other aspects of meditation such as when...
  2. L

    Day 34...

    It's day 34 and my recovery continues in so far that almost all my negative thoughts, conditioning and beliefs about my back and leg pain are gone. I have broken my old habits of believing I was broken. Other symptoms started to appear (dizziness, pain moved to another part of my leg) during...
  3. L

    Day 10 Relapse

    Take a read of this: http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Breaking_the_Pain_Cycle,_by_Alan_Gordon,_LCSW Note the section about 'extinction burst'. See what you think.
  4. L

    Day 10 Relapse

    +1 for steve's book. I'm about 50% of the way through it, and I can feel it sinking into my mind more and more by the day. I really recommend it.
  5. L

    Watch what "is" possible

    Also the reason I posted the above video clips out of interest is that we can see first hand how the mind can wreak havoc with back pain. I think what these guys realised is that "oh I can move my back". However I dont know if their healing goes beyond that - they only know their pain went away...
  6. L

    Watch what "is" possible

    Hi Andy I suppose it's more of a personal thing. Initially TMS was this new alien concept to me and I was captivated by it - but the more I scratched the surface, the closer I realised that for me, my OCD is probably the biggest causal factor in my pain - It completely consumed me and I thought...
  7. L

    Watch what "is" possible

    First I just want to share something and I would love feedback. The more I read about TMS, the more I realise how much of a misnomer I believe TMS is. It's beyond what we perceive it to be - it is "us". It's mind blowing when this realization sets in - but when it does, it is the catalyst for...
  8. L

    day 19

    Hehe that makes 2 of us walt! Well said and my regards to your best friend too ;)
  9. L

    MRI Neccasary?

    An MRI should be sought to rule out a serious illness. Im surprised your doctor never ordered it if you were in really bad pain.
  10. L

    day 19

    Oh... and I have completely stopped my back exercises and morning yoga. I replaced the yoga with meditation. The only reason I ever started yoga and my back exercises were because of my back pain and sciatica.
  11. L

    Day 25

    Hi nopain123 Just get rid of the cushion. It will continue to hurt in the beginning but after time the pain will continue to diminish and you will realise there was never a need for it!
  12. L

    day 19

    Forgot to add, after reading other posts I was reminded to include the following - I no longer sleep with a pillow between my legs. I dont need it. I also no longer drive with a lumbar cushion. Once again I was conditioned to think I needed them.
  13. L

    day 19

    Thanks all. I calmly label my back pain thoughts as "Reinforcement" as this word only serves as a connotation to my back which stops me analysing / judging it. More info here: http://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/books-articles/articles/mental-noting/ I take this word from the excellent...
Back
Top