Recent content by LauriK

  1. LauriK

    A week with some improvement then....crash!

    James I hear you about being overwhelmed. I tend to jump from one idea to another never quite understanding either of them. I've read quite a few books on recommendation, and you're right sometimes they contradict each other. Maybe I should do like you. Stick to Dr Sarno. Believe in the TMS...
  2. LauriK

    Testing myself,Fighting the symptoms

    Thanks Nate and Bruce. I'm a bit like that. I'm in pain all of the time for the last two months, well nearly. Mostly in bed. So I feel like I'm a TMS failure. I keep telling myself the pain is not serious, just my mind trying to avoid issues. But it feels serious, the worst pain in my life. I...
  3. LauriK

    New video by Dr. Schubiner

    Okay now I need a video for the behavioural changes I must make. Any recommendations?
  4. LauriK

    Two Month Anniversary :(

    Thanks Sheree!
  5. LauriK

    Two Month Anniversary :(

    Where is that Back2? Also where can I find the video? There are so many nooks and crannies on this site.
  6. LauriK

    Testing myself,Fighting the symptoms

    Yes Gailnyc that is my problem. This thing started in one day. I went to sleep and woke up with it and sometimes I feel like it's only fair it leaves the same way it arrived. But then the issues must have been piling up for years. Patience. Yes.
  7. LauriK

    Day 13 Doing pain causing things

    Thanks Gailnyc. I really like the idea of concentrating on another sense and I'll try focusing on my breathing. The not being able to sit is causing all sorts of problems with work, I'm a writer. I've tried to work laying down but I'm getting about 20% done of what I used to. And sitting now is...
  8. LauriK

    Testing myself,Fighting the symptoms

    Hard to not think about the pain. I'm trying though.
  9. LauriK

    Two Month Anniversary :(

    Hi Calum! I'm trying to implement your affirmations for sitting. Right now I can't sit for more than a few seconds without pain. I'm forcing myself to sit while using affirmations. What do you think the best one would be? Sitting is pain free? I have no problem when I sit? Trying not to...
  10. LauriK

    Testing myself,Fighting the symptoms

    That maybe my problem with sitting, I expect the pain. Even with walking for some time. I need to some how not give my mind any options. Would saying to myself- sitting does not cause me pain work? Or should I not even think of pain and maybe say- I am fine when I sit?
  11. LauriK

    Day 13 Doing pain causing things

    I'm on Day 13 even though I started this programme about a month and a half ago. I keep getting distracted by the talk of the doctors. Luckily now I think ( I hope) I am convinced my problem is TMS only. Even my very conventional doctor has said now the position of my collapsed disc and the...
  12. LauriK

    Two Month Anniversary :(

    Thanks Gailnyc. Yesterday was better in that I saw the orthopaedic doctors and they've confirmed the place where my pain is in my hip and leg can't corespond to where my disc is prolapsed and they could find nothing in my hip that could be causing the pain. For me this is more evidence that it's...
  13. LauriK

    What do you fear? Is it slowing your healing?

    Hi Nicole! I read your book the other day, it was very helpful. I'm really struggling with getting to that journalspeak phase with my journalling. I think this is why I've had very little progress with my TMS symptoms. Do you have any advice on how to cross that bridge? I am by profession a...
  14. LauriK

    Two Month Anniversary :(

    Today marks two months since this sciatica started. Two months since I've mostly lived in this bed. Two months of continuous pain. Two months of my life lost. I'm doing the educational programme and reading books but I don't seem to make any progress. I read Nicole's book the other day and I...
Back
Top