You are right - the dry eyes are still there but the pain is gone! I'm sure my meibomian glands are as atrophied as ever. I too couldn't reconcile why I had horrific dry eyes (mine started at age 23) with the fact that most people in their 80s and 90s never experience dry eyes. It just didn't...
Wow, the idea that depression is "deep rest" from the character you've been trying to play in life is so interesting. I'm definitely the type of person who puts everyone else's needs before my own. I really need to read Howard Schubiner's book. I'm still working on recognizing my authentic self...
I know this is an old post but I came across it about a month ago in a desperate search for any information I could find about healing dry eyes through mindbody techniques. I suffered from extreme, debilitating dry eyes for over five years following PRK eye surgery and I believed my doctors...
Thank you for your kind words. My mouth also gets dry whenever I'm nervous or speaking in front of a group, but it usually goes away whenever the nerve-inducing event is over. My dry eye symptoms almost never go away though! I was noticing some improvement when I first learned about a TMS...
Thank you for your response! I appreciate you saying there's nothing to be ashamed of in regards to post-surgery eye pain. I have struggled a lot with feeling ashamed about it, but maybe I would have experienced all of these dry eye symptoms even if I hadn't gotten the surgery. My eye doctor...
Thank you for your response! That makes a lot of sense to me. There isn't a standard formula for what constitutes TMS and I shouldn't compare my symptoms to those of another because we're all different.
I read that a good indicator for TMS is if the pain comes and goes or if the pain moves around in the body.
However, my pain (severe dry eyes and chronic inflammation) never goes away and it doesn't move around in my body (although I believe I have other TMS-esque symptoms that come and go...
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has encountered/knows of any optometrists or ophthalmologists that specialize in (or at least know about) TMS? I have been struggling with incredibly challenging eye pain (including severe dry eyes and chronic inflammation) ever since I got PRK vision correction...