Recent content by JillJill

  1. JillJill

    Day 14 It's still fear and am stuck

    "I often feel guilt if I am not doing something "productive" - I know this feeling soooo well !
  2. JillJill

    Day 1

    Thanks for the book suggestion! I'm going to order it today :) Best wishes, Jill
  3. JillJill

    Day 1

    Hi Shaunad! I am also at the beginning of my journey (Day 6). You may be interested to read Tim Park's book Teach Us to Sit Still. It's an entertaining and informative story of the authors own journey to pain relief (similar pain to your own). I am very nearly finished reading the book and...
  4. JillJill

    Day 1 Feeling hopeful :)

    Thanks Kevin :)!
  5. JillJill

    Day 42 and now?

    Hi Pietro Thanks for you reply. I'm sorry to hear you are not out of the woods yet. I understand how hard it can be to internalise the diagnosis of TMS. I'm still struggling a bit myself but am determined to convince myself my mind has had a lot to do with my physical problems. I live in...
  6. JillJill

    Most disheartening doctor's response

    Great advice Gigalos thank you:) I have already made a good start to defrost my fridge!
  7. JillJill

    Day 13 Things that have helped

    Thank you Jokeysmurf :)! I'm definitlely going to do Alan Gordon's programme after this one.
  8. JillJill

    Day 42 and now?

    Hi Pietro - I have just started my journey ( day 3) and I can appreciate how you feel at day 42 - what now?! It is very encouraging t hear you sound very much in a better place after 42 days. Your name sounds Italian - I'm not Italian but I live in Italy :)
  9. JillJill

    Most disheartening doctor's response

    Hi everyone, This was very recently. although I've suffered symptoms for over 5 years I got back on the 'find out what's wrong with me' train and visited another doctor. We'd done blood and urine tests the year before to rule out a heap of stuff and he'd said return in a year - so I did...
  10. JillJill

    Day 13 Things that have helped

    Thank you for sharing your list. Some are new to me so I'll check them out. I already find yoga and mindful meditation help a lot. I wonder, do you have to have a particular traumatic event for EMDR therapy?
  11. JillJill

    Back Pain and Tension Myositis Syndrome (TMS)

    This is a terrific article. I have really enjoyed reading it. Such good sense:) I'm just starting my journey to recovery and this article has helped me reflect on a lot of reasons why my symptoms are TMS caused. Thank you for writing this.
  12. JillJill

    Day 11 Current progress

    Thanks for sharing this Lizzy - these recordings sound so helpful.
  13. JillJill

    Day 1 Feeling hopeful :)

    Hi everyone! It was suggested 5 years ago that my symptoms “were all in my head”. For a while I was happy to accept that. But unfortunately, accepting the fact it was all psychosomatic didn’t help the symptoms go away. So I just got on with it really. However, I don’t work anymore. It’s...
Back
Top