Recent content by jdb49

  1. jdb49

    New Program Day 17: Leaning in to Your Feelings

    Joe, I find your explanations right on target and clear--easy to understand. Thanks.
  2. jdb49

    New Program Day 11: Pain Reprocessing

    Great post joe! Just the reminders I need as I continue, determined to win out over TMS! As you say, BELIEVE! Much thanks and blessings.
  3. jdb49

    New Program Day 18: Conditioned Responses

    I'm a singer/songwriter who was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia (SD), which in my case involves a tightening of the vocal cord muscles resulting in a sort of strangled voice. It requires a lot of effort to speak and the speech comes out sounding very strained. Dr. Sarno lists SD as a...
  4. jdb49

    New Program Day 10: Somatic Tracking II: Anxiety Strikes Back

    Bodhigirl, I find your reply very helpful--especially the part about keeping the ego from having control over our pain/anxiety. This fits right in with what spiritual teachers such as Eckhart Tolle ("The Power of Now") have to say about replacing the ego with the deeper level of our true Self...
  5. jdb49

    New Program Day 8: The Ignition for Change

    Today's lesson really hit home! For some reason, I had not been very enthusiastic about the lessons until today. It was like I've heard it all before and read all the books, including those by the great late John Sarno. But Alan's post today (especially the audio segment) made me realize...
  6. jdb49

    Ongoing pain, doubt, etc.

    More good advice. Much appreciated.
  7. jdb49

    Ongoing pain, doubt, etc.

    I am faithfully doing the structured program exercises, but my muscle pain is widespread and persistent. Maybe I still need to somehow eliminate all doubt as to a TMS cause for the pain. Also, I'm wondering if it is alright to take something, such as Ibuprofen, for the pain. Or is that...
  8. jdb49

    Week 0 Welcome to the Subforum for the Structured Educational Program

    Forgot to mention that I also am a singer/songwriter. And losing most of my ability to sing has caused considerable depression. But I am fighting back!
  9. jdb49

    Week 0 Welcome to the Subforum for the Structured Educational Program

    Andy, Thanks very much for the encouragement! And the video.
  10. jdb49

    Week 0 Welcome to the Subforum for the Structured Educational Program

    I'm on Day 8 of the Structured Program. My TMS journey has too often been one step forward and two steps back. I was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia (SD) and went looking for answers. Because I have experienced near-normal voice days when stress-free, I was fairly convinced that...
  11. jdb49

    Day 1 My Personal Story of SD, TMS

    Thanks, Walt. I think your comments are spot on. Great advice on focusing on Dr. Sarno's Daily Reminders!
  12. jdb49

    Day 1 My Personal Story of SD, TMS

    My TMS story begins with the gradual diminishment of my voice. After hearing Diane Rehm talk about her own vocal problem--spasmodic dysphonia--on her NPR radio program, I made an accurate guess that this was likely the same problem that I faced. A visit to a vocal specialist confirmed this...
Back
Top