Recent content by Donnie

  1. D

    Can knowledge hurt us?

    As I am learning more and more about TMS I am discovering that I feel better. Although it is slight I do feel better. Know what I am wondering is how much does knowledge hurt us? The day I hurt myself, I started googling what I did and how to fix it. When the pain didn't resolve I went to a...
  2. D

    The Importance of Conditioning

    Gail, I could agree with you more.. I'm new to TMS and I've just started to notice everything I've conditioned myself to. I hate driving (always have) and when my back started to hurt I read how sitting and driving make it worse, so guess what hurts the most DRIVING.. Same goes with bending...
  3. D

    Sometimes it doesn't matter

    I'm glad I stumbled across this. I've been going through my brain and memories trying to figure out what is the cause of my pain. Can anyone verify or shine some light on this statement for me. I have started to think that if your pain is lasting because you make yourself believe that...
  4. D

    A spin on yoga

    I wish I was able to get the full segment because it talks about a few other wrestlers who were near death and pretty much given up on life because of pain. Once they were convinced to give the yoga a try they noticed the results immediately. I can only imagine the pain someone in their...
  5. D

    A spin on yoga

    I hope the link works, I'm doing it though my phone. If it doesn't google DDP Yoga, Real Sports HBO It's not the whole segment but its pretty interesting I watched the entire video on HBO yesterday morning. Real sports did a segment on a former wrestler who now does his own form of yoga to...
  6. D

    Some TMS questions

    I agree i need to relax more. There are days I wish I could turn my brain off so I could relax. I am a very easy going person so for the most part and I teach and coach so my job to me is relaxing because it distracts my mind. I will admit that I do have doubting thoughts, but that is the...
  7. D

    Some TMS questions

    Thanks for the input. I honestly probably need to have the lump on my back checked out so if it is my pain I know. If not then I can start my TMS fully. The TMS treatment had helped my upper back pain a lot. It's not hard for me to believe in TMS because of my characteristics. I just...
  8. D

    Some TMS questions

    I guess with number 3, what I'm asking is if TMS can exist as a way to divert you from other physical pain? I've been trying to think how to word this all day
  9. D

    Some TMS questions

    So the more I learn about TMS the more I think I've figured out about myself. Here are some questions I have about TMS.. Please feel free to answer or comment on any of them 1. Does TMS usually happen after an accident or injury, or does it occur out of nowhere for most? And if you've had it...
  10. D

    Tiger Woods, Pain, and TMS

    Walt and Herbie- what is your take on Larry Bird and his struggle with back pain? Larry was one of my idols growing up, but with me I only got to witness the end if his career. However, I do know a lot about his past on and off the court. Bird was a competitor through and through, he never...
  11. D

    Day 1 SEP

    I'm starting my journey today. I've been in pain for over a year now and have read about every possible cause of back pain and have seen 5 doctors in the process.. After stumbling across a blog about TMS I started to read more and more and like everyone else, the personality characteristics...
Back
Top