1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Help
Sweetheart,

Methinks you are an exquisite, artistic soul and whatever happened when you were 16 may hold a key. Rest easy for I'm not about to suggest you don your psychoarchaeological diving gear and traipse through the murky depths. Instead I'd like to ask you whether you know what rests at the core of your TMS. I believe we all know this truth and we hold it deeply in our heart. For all of us it is kryptonite.

Are they dreams? Things we lacked the courage to do?
Was our heart-broken? Were we betrayed?
Was our future stolen from us? Were we harmed by we someone we trusted?

The many woundings go on...

Here they be dragons. Much of healing is finding the courage and the compassion to approach these things kindly. To take them out of storage and look upon them with more mature and compassionate eyes. No more picking them apart, no more going over the bones but instead respectfully laying them down, and then seeing how we can sing life back into them.

Please don't name those things here. It is enough to know them, to claim them. From here we start the process of making our peace with them. We learn to relax around this ball of truth. We become ourselves and are no longer this over-sensitised, pain-racked, tension-racked beings.

You've tried so hard for so long.
Stop trying now.
Give yourself some peace.

Gently muse on the things I've raised above and see if it has any resonance for you. Asking where we lost ourselves and lost our way can help us find the path home.

Peace sweet Eskimo.