1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Help
There's a lot in this message, and it helped me when I saw it yesterday ... thank you.

Just thinking out loud ... I worry sometimes that the recommended strategies are a kind of three card monty. There are about a dozen things we're all supposed to be working on, and I'm convinced that they're not all simpatico. I feel like I'll be focusing on a few things - say staying busy, focusing on life, and daily meditation, for example - then, when that's not working, someone will tell me "no, no you should be focusing on 'feeling your feelings' and journaling" ... then that won't help, then someone will say, "of course that's not going to do it, you need to be more social and focus on not fearing the pain and telling yourself that it's harmless" ... then that won't help, then ... etc etc etc.

I feel like I've tried every possible combo ...

Losing faith ...