1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
New Program Day 4: Breaking the Pain Cycle
to the woman who talked about Tinnitus. I had that for two years. First, it drove me mad, because i'm prone to insomnia, and you cant sleep with that ringing in your ears! eventually i got used to it, and with that, i stopped caring. That's when it faded. it comes back sometimes, but i just dont care about it, so it doesnt stick around.

To the last comment about negative feelings, feeling victimized, I too feel that. Usually it's "i was born broken. i'm useless, i shouldnt even be on this earth because i'm a useless broken human. i should just fade out or die in my sleep". It's awful. i have to stop that. I also noticed that living in my moment cuts the pain drastically. When i go for hikes with my dog, i'm nearly pain free. I used to think it was because i was standing, and therefore not hurting the nerve. i'm sure some of it is that, but most of it is because i'm not laying around and stewing about my awful life. Even on the bike, when i had only bladder pain (not pudendal pain YET) i'd be pain free on the bike. I never knew why. i'd have pain before, and after i got off the bike. But while on it, it was like taking a pain pill, yet i didn't take anything. I now believe it was because i was living in the moment. On a mountain bike, you have to concentrate on the trail ahead of you or else you'll crash. You cant really let your mind wander and start worrying about the future. I think that's what took the pain away. I'm all about catastrophizing and when something can distract me from that, my pain lessens. I just havent been able to apply these things to every day life yet. I cant always be hiking or sleeping or crying (another thing that lessens my pain temporarily). i need to apply these techniques 24/7.