1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Emotional insight
Simply use this understanding about your reactions to things to explain to yourself why you are in pain.
"I am really irritated by the traffic. How might my Inner Child feel?" "My Inner Child is probably feeling __(enraged, not taken care of, not loved, not attuned to....) __________?" Are these emotions OK for you, or are you rejecting them? Even wondering how to stop them is a form of rejection. Difficult feelings that "don't want to be felt" create the need for the pain.

The technique is not to get rid of the feelings, but to connect them in your mind as the cause of the pain, or more to the point: It is the not wanting to feel the emotions that is causing the pain.

A little deeper in this investigation is "do you reject yourself for these feelings?" If so, how does your Inner Child feel being told it is wrong for its feelings? Not seen, enraged, sad?

We're just noticing what is arising in us, moment to moment, and connecting this to Dr. Sarno's theory.We're contemplating (without always knowing for sure) what the real source of our symptoms might be.

Andy B