1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
Crippling back pain, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme, vertigo and more all healed
GREAT QUESTION!
So, I too, start out in with the surface emotions. I'm feeling sad(mad, fearful) about---------------------. This will usually turn into a story and I will no doubt indulge myself in this storytelling because it just seems to need to come out before I can move on. After a few minutes though, I then try to dig deeper. how do I feel about being sad? Then how does THAT make me feel? Then what? So. I'm going for the LAYERS of emotions. Layer upon layer upon layer. This is where I get to the more repressed emotions...Oh look, I'm mad at myself, I'm resentful, I'm jealous. Whatever is discovered is a gift. It really is. I also ALWAYS try to feel where in my body the emotion is causing sensations. Is my heart pounding? Are my shoulders up by my ears? Am I about to snap the pen in half? Does my heart hurt? You get the idea. And how do these sensations change and flow as I journal. I'm literally somatic tracking in the journal. Tracking my emotions and the feelings in my body they evoke. Does that make sense?