1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Back pain relieved via Dr Gwozdz & Dr Sarno
Great Post This is really important right here ----
"" I was told about Dr. Sarno at the beginning of my pain period but rejected its solution since I felt I was already doing a body-mind meditation as well as they physical therapies to relieve the mental and unconscious obstacles."" -BillPrinz

I see stuff on this forum popping up a lot... it is "New and Improved Acknowledging the Psychological" TM.
Warm Fuzzy meditations with patchouli and mood lighting. Feel your inner child and nurture him......(BB65 rolls eyes and barfs into corner)
Somebody has a book or a technique for sale... or they are mixing a physical treatment with Psychological work. God Bless you if that works for you, but I'll take the 'in your face' NY style candor of Dr. Sarno every time. And That dovetails nicely with;
Sarno warned us to not turn anything into a ritual, but in this case I would say this is a treatment not a ritual. I Like it a LOT.

I have said it before and I will say it again here. I don't need answers. I need better questions. The fact that the little Mantra here ends in a blank , to me, implies that y'all need to get busy figuring out what goes into the blank. That means it's a question. Filling in the blank would constitute 100% of the 'work'.... In fact if you could fill it in properly (and for me it might have been several answers simultaneously) You are basically Free Forever. No more shamans, essential oils or guru's.... Just the wisdom of an old school Doctor from NYC, and your own honesty.... if you can swallow it....or even try.

..and (God forgive me) I would submit that the people not getting results from that treatment have a large elephant living in their den. They feed it, groom it and clean up it's shit....and when they are asked about it reply "What Elephant?..... I am looking for psychological causes of my pain ... I guess my mine must be physical because I can't seem to find any answers to put in the blank."

The answer is sitting under a pile of elephant shit. You can keep the elephant if you want, but you better start acknowledging it's there.

..and based on my own personal recovery from TMS, this Mantra style thing sounds like a GREAT therapy. If I ever get a tickle, I'll try it out. Thank You for posting it.