1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
Fibromyalgia to OCD
Not to dismiss Nicole Sach or journaling by any means, but only to make a point that each one of us is unique and needs to figure out what works and what does not work for them, I tried journaling and I tried Nicole Sach, but neither one worked well for me, despite working very well for others. What worked for me was a class on handling negative emotions and somatic meditation. It literally taught me how to walk my emotion through the body until it finally disperses. Remember, emotions are just flows of hormones in our bloodstream. If you give it enough time and focus your brain on deescalation, they eventually release themselves.

I have said it many times on this forum that we need to be our own doctors and trust that we know ourselves better than anybody else. Try anything and everything that seems reasonable and safe, give it enough time to make your judgment and don't get disappointed that it did not work. It may sound confusing, but I tried multiple things until I figured out how to meditate and how to deal with my emotions.

As for journaling, when you say it is very intense, does it mean that it gets you too fired up? That could be your step 1 to emotional release. You just need to learn how to wash the emotion out of the system, and that is where somatic meditation is helpful.