1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
Parents of small children?
How many among us are parents to small children? Or had the onsite of TMS after becoming parents?

I have two children, almost 3 yrs and 1 yr. My TMS began shortly after the birth of my first child. Talk about nervous system overload! Sleep deprivation, baby crying, bewilderment, etc. At one point I would have physical pain when I heard her cry over the baby monitor. Like a knife cutting through my body. I was so confused as to why this was happening to me. I was supposed to be overyjoyed with motherhood, but instead I was desperate for sleep, peace, a quiet meal, anything!

I was a stay at home mom with a husband who traveled, so there was no break. The only time I had a babysitter was when I went to the gym and plugged away on the machines. Not very relaxing. And since this was my job, I couldn't exactly quit. :)

So I'm curious if anyone else can relate...