1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
"The Work"
Hi friends. I've been listening to and reading the Pain Recovery Program, and I've read Sarno's book. I've also read a loooot of stuff about TMS online, from information to success stories. I'm talking months. But you know what's still 100% a mystery to me? What "the work" actually is! You've got to put in "the work..." but what do you actually do to get better? What are the steps? What is the goal? How do you measure your progress? That information is missing from everything I read.

From what little information I've been able to find, the actual "work" is something like being aware of your body/emotions, or maybe considering the idea that physical symptoms are caused by anger/fear. I've tried that, and it doesn't seem like enough to hang my hat on. I must be missing something huge — I feel like I spend hours a day introspecting already, even before I ever knew about TMS, and it hasn't cured me yet. Please forgive the frustration in my post... I'm just really at a loss and it seems like the answer isn't anywhere to be found. I've heard that everyone needs to "find their own way," but that's meaningless if one doesn't know what the actual goal is, or how one knows they're on the right path.