1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Help! Any feedback would be appreciated.
Mquest, in my case it is not just feeling, my tendons and ligaments are visibly bulgy, swollen and clearly deformed, it is an obvious structural change. About 8 months ago I had neuropathic pain in my hands and arms, tingling, numbness and visible skin changes in my hands (redness, swelling and intense sweating). At some point, I had a tendon knot, about 3 mm in diameter rolling under my skin over the wrist joint, visible and palpable. My EMG showed degradation and I was given a diagnosis of a carpal tunnel syndrome with the ultimate recommendation of a surgery to reduce the strain on my hand nerve. I was told that the nerve damage was permanent. I could not bend my wrists, I could not bend or straighten out my fingers - call it "my certain muscles did not work to any capacity" - my fingers were locked in a certain position with very limited mobility.

Despite all the above "scientific" evidence, my hands are getting better. The tendon knot is gone. Bulging and swelling is no longer permanent, I now have good days when it is much reduced. Tingling and numbness is about 50% less than it used to be. Of course, I have plenty of bad days, when I can't bend my fingers at all - I am not kidding. But I used to have a bad day every day. I refused a surgery, I refused steroid injections, I refused opiates because I did not believe my official diagnosis for a second. But I had serious doubts about structural changes. Yet, I chose to believe Dr. Sarno who told me that if I put my mind to it, I could recover. I have long ways to go, but I know that I got better by believing and following Dr. Sarno's method.

It is really your choice. If you recover - the victory is yours, but it is very hard work.