1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Parts Therapy Healed - IBS/Constipation/Migraine/Backache
Namaste,

I have had IBS/Constipation/Migraine/Backache for about 20 years, and none since the last 20 days. Here are my 2 cents -

Background - Had a difficult childhood, my personality was not emotionally integrated. Had difficulty in dealing with people and situations; so digestive problem was a constant companion.

What helped?
  • Sarno's books - dont know how many times I have read him!! It established firmly in the idea that mind and body are not separate.
  • Eckhart Tolle - Verily a Rishi (a sage i.e.) in modern times - there are videos/podcasts of him on the web. His series with Oprah on 'The New Earth' are free on youtube and castbox. What did I learn from these? (Note - I am from a Hindu-Buddhist background, so some of my observations have a bias - but what Eckhart says are quite universal. Imho)
  1. Dont regret the past - u cant change it, plus it generates new pain in the present. The universe would have come up with a time machine if past/future were that important!!
  2. Future can be dealt in 2 ways - the world is a projection of our minds. The future depends on the present state of consciousness - so clearly visualize your goals. Even if our desires are not fulfilled, the future (or past) cant overpower consciousness. Consciousness ALWAYS wins!! Always!!
  • Some videos of Anita Moorjani - The universe (or God/Divine Mother) is always guiding us. I guess lack of faith (faith and belief are not the same) is the only obstruction. Any prayer which is not driven by the ego is always answered.
So what has changed in the last few days? Due to faith, fear has reduced substantially. Even the onrush of thoughts has reduced - thats because most of our thoughts are guided by fear, and often we are addicted to thinking. Stress, anxiety, depression, sadness etc are just fancy names for fear. In fact, even boredom, lazyness, lust etc are manifestations of fear - it will take a long post to explain this. Eckhart deals with this in his concept of 'pain body'.

How did this happen?
Due to a heavy pain body, I had substituted my meditation by long evening walks. An Indian Guru had once mentioned that if u have faith (that the Divine Mother guides u every moment), u will not have fear. Never ever. I kept on contemplating on these lines during my walk - and voila!! Something clicked in the mind and fear reduced, thoughts reduced and have never been lazy in the last 20 days. NO fatigue, no constipation/ibs, no nothing!! Not even the restlessness and irritability of the past.

In conclusion, I am indebted to my suffering. Without it I would not have grown to what I am now. 'If there is a road to heaven, it definitely passes through hell!!'

This old song sums up life in a mystical fashion (meaning).