1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
New Program Day 21: Paving Your Own Path
Hello, Plum -- and to anyone else who has done TRE:

The somatic tracking part of this program has been the best thing for me in terms of seeing a glimpse of a difference. I was curious about TRE and looked it up. I'm interested in trying it, but I wonder -- is my desire to try something physical just another way of chasing a (sort of) structural cause for the pain? A big part of TMS work is not engaging in your desire to get rid of the pain. To try something like TRE -- is this more of engaging in the desire to get rid of the pain? (Like, "I need to do these physical exercises in order to move the emotions/trauma out of my body!") Or, can it be a way to complement the somatic tracking that we've learned about here?