1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bookmark

Thread:
Dental pain, need advice
Even though you feel pain and different symptoms, it is from the fear in your brain.
Your mind is on a circular race track right now building up fear "what if this". "what if that" thoughts, one after another.

This is the reality: The teeth have nerves. You are afraid. Your mind is sending signals to your "nerves" to be hyper-sensitive.

Each of your physical issues that come and go is from your thought process that is creating more fear.
Your mind takes your thoughts and finds something else to be afraid of in your body. This can happen to everyone.

Right now, you are torturing your own young mind by your own thinking.
Step away from this bad habit while you are young. It is a bad habit.
You can slowly replace a bad habit by retraining your thinking.

Instead of indulging your fear thoughts, tell yourself: For the next ten minutes, I'm going to take a walk and notice EVERYTHING outside of me: other people, the sky, the way the sidewalk looks, whatever is around.
Tell yourself what you like. Such as, "I like the color of her hair. I like the way that cloud is moving. I like the funny bumpersticker."
After 10 minutes, check in and see how you feel. Tell yourself: "I am safe. I can figure out whatever I need to do, one small step at a time."

See how you feel physically. If it's a little better, decide that you're going to go another 10 minutes without thinking about your body.

Do this as often as you can until you start to shift the habit of continuous worry about your body into checking into your heart to see what is around you that you like and appreciate.

You can do this.

Marcia