1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 1: Introduction

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sio

sio New Member

Also looking forward to this. TMS symptoms 50% better. Hopeful that this will get me closer to 100%

Paulita likes this.
  2. Singer-Artist

Singer-Artist New Member

Wonderful timing! Thank you so much for doing this doctor! I am suffering a set back of TMS plus possibly something that is partly physical..It's always been very hard for me to distinguish between the 2. Tons of stress as my 12 year old fur child Malamute mix is battling degenerative myelopathy..plus financial stress and chronic pain from all the premature losses in my life.I could go on but don't want to bore anyone. I am hopeful and hoping that this is more interactive. I used to be very active on a TMS forum years ago and it was so helpful. I was so sad to hear that Dr. Sarno passed away! Thank God for wonderful people like you who are continuing this important work!

Forest likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Laleah,
    Alan will make a new post every day with new insights to consider. While you can just read those, I often find that it is the interactions between people who are applying the ideas that are the most interesting. He's said that he'll come back to answer questions that people pose, though with the fundraising, I imagine he'll be quite busy.

4. Forest

5. KathyY

KathyY New Member

I am very excited to participate.........I have been struggling for 18 years with pain. I have episodes which I cannot get myself out of. Sometimes they last only a couple of days, sometimes for a couple of weeks. I feel like I am not in control. I look foward to received new information and hopefully get som incite as to how to be back in control.

6. Scotty

Scotty New Member

GREAT

7. grateful_mama

grateful_mama Peer Supporter

Yay! Thanks :)

8. merilevy

merilevy New Member

I'm an MFT and TMS survivor (chronic wrist tendinitis, recovered about 10 years with the help of Dr. Sarno). Sharing this program with my Facebook followers, and wondering how you got your training in working with TMS issues as a therapist?

9. ATojaga

ATojaga Newcomer

Thank you so much Alan and all of your great team who us making this project possible. So excited about this!

10. LEW

LEW Peer Supporter

Thanks so much

11. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Great!

12. James59

James59 Well known member

I've tried many things that gave me hope at first then petered out to nothing. But I'm open to trying this, more out of desperation than hope.

Question: Will there be daily e-mail reminders to check each new post, or should I bookmark something to remind me to check in each day?

Forest likes this.
  13. Letherebhope

Letherebhope New Member

I am ready and willing to learn!!! Yay! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this program. Btw, I love emojis! They make me happy!

Forest likes this.
  14. Rnie328

Rnie328 New Member

Looking forward to this. Thank you.

Forest likes this.
  15. mikeknapp101

mikeknapp101 New Member

So glad you're doing this. Through Dr. Sarno's writing and video I have experienced significant life change in overcoming TMS back pain and becoming pharmaceutical-free after 8 years of dependence. I'm now working on idiopathic peripheral neuropathy and am also hoping to encourage other friends to join in as well. Thank you.

kim marie and Forest like this.
  16. Paulita

Paulita New Member

I'm so excited. Thanks Alan and Forest and all the supporters, for this program and for the forum. Wonderful !

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Forest likes this.
  17. Forest

There will not. However, new threads will appear in the mornings, Monday-Saturday. I'll try to get them up by 9 AM Eastern Time, but tomorrow's might not be up until 10.

18. Angelita

Angelita Newcomer

Looking forward to the program. Thank you! :)

19. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

The news that there is a new program makes me wake up again, mentally and physically.
    The last few days I had to go to the toilet a lot, before that I was constipated.
    I start moving again.

By The Way; I noticed that, the last few days, many new members have signed up.
    I am very pleased with that.
    You are doing very well!!!

20. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

Alan im on day 5 of the structured education program is it advisable to move over to this program now or should i finish the structured education program first. Thanks.