1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
Shabda-girl
Last Activity:
Oct 1, 2013
Birthday:
March 15
Homeschool mom, Esthetician, Master Crafter

Share This Page

Shabda-girl

Peer Supporter, Female, from Colorado native living in Austin TX

And so a new day begins. Mar 11, 2013

Shabda-girl was last seen:
Oct 1, 2013
  • My Story

I was born a goodist, perfectionist, and an anxious person. Through TMS healing skills, Voice Dialogue, and CBT, I have learned a great deal about allowance and acceptance. I've had great results in the past with Sarno's books, but I've fallen off the wagon- as we do from time to time- and am so glad to back on again. I am a creative, crazy, mamma to two teens and one tween, as well as 4 dogs and a cat, and have been happily married for almost 17 years. My jobs include raising my kids, crafting hats and selling them online and at craft fairs, homeschooling my kids (11 years now), skin care (licensed Esthetician), and finding my way back home:) Beyond all those labels though, I am ME/Soul (and I am wonderful no matter what I do or don't do). I have always put way too much on my plate and given 150% percent to everything I do, which results in anxiety and physical pain for me. When I remember to slow down, as well as accept, I feel so much better. I have watched myself go from healer to healer, trying to find a fix, but have learned that no one can fix me, but myself. It comes from within. I have watched over and over, my multitude of out of pocket payments, go down the tube when the day after a chiropractic adjustment, I am in pain again- due to my own internal emotions. While a lot of people with TMS, were not aware that they had any anger, anxiety- any kind of negative emotion that could be causing physical pain, I have always felt the emotions and the direct pain that follows. My problem has been that while I recognize the emotions and the immediate pain, I resist and fear their presence, as well as question them. The resistance and asking "why", causes further pain for me. When I remember to stop asking why, and just let it be, is when I find peace. But it's the remembering that is the hardest part. Practice makes perfect (or should I say practice makes habit- since I already have issues with perfectionism:) Being back on the wagon again and having been reminded that the pain can't truly hurt me, allows me to let go of the fear of the pain. The fear of the pain is worse that the pain itself and the fear also makes the pain worse. Make sense? And so my journey begins again (in so many ways). Blessings to all. And to all, please allow yourself begin to listen to and put trust in yourself. No one can heal you, but you!!!
    1. G.R.
      G.R.
      Shabda-girl, I so enjoyed reading your story. It so spoke to me!!!! I am learning how to listen to what my heart is telling me and I am loving it.
      I do believe the fear of the pain or even discouragement of it perpetuates the cycle of pain. I, also realize my thoughts play a big role in
      perpetuating the symptoms but like you said it is remembering is the hardest part.
    2. Shabda-girl
      Shabda-girl
      And so a new day begins.
  • My Story

Birthday:
    March 15
    Homeschool mom, Esthetician, Master Crafter
    I was born a goodist, perfectionist, and an anxious person. Through TMS healing skills, Voice Dialogue, and CBT, I have learned a great deal about allowance and acceptance. I've had great results in the past with Sarno's books, but I've fallen off the wagon- as we do from time to time- and am so glad to back on again. I am a creative, crazy, mamma to two teens and one tween, as well as 4 dogs and a cat, and have been happily married for almost 17 years. My jobs include raising my kids, crafting hats and selling them online and at craft fairs, homeschooling my kids (11 years now), skin care (licensed Esthetician), and finding my way back home:) Beyond all those labels though, I am ME/Soul (and I am wonderful no matter what I do or don't do). I have always put way too much on my plate and given 150% percent to everything I do, which results in anxiety and physical pain for me. When I remember to slow down, as well as accept, I feel so much better. I have watched myself go from healer to healer, trying to find a fix, but have learned that no one can fix me, but myself. It comes from within. I have watched over and over, my multitude of out of pocket payments, go down the tube when the day after a chiropractic adjustment, I am in pain again- due to my own internal emotions. While a lot of people with TMS, were not aware that they had any anger, anxiety- any kind of negative emotion that could be causing physical pain, I have always felt the emotions and the direct pain that follows. My problem has been that while I recognize the emotions and the immediate pain, I resist and fear their presence, as well as question them. The resistance and asking "why", causes further pain for me. When I remember to stop asking why, and just let it be, is when I find peace. But it's the remembering that is the hardest part. Practice makes perfect (or should I say practice makes habit- since I already have issues with perfectionism:) Being back on the wagon again and having been reminded that the pain can't truly hurt me, allows me to let go of the fear of the pain. The fear of the pain is worse that the pain itself and the fear also makes the pain worse. Make sense? And so my journey begins again (in so many ways). Blessings to all. And to all, please allow yourself begin to listen to and put trust in yourself. No one can heal you, but you!!!