1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Angel1975
Last Activity:
Nov 5, 2019

Share This Page

Angel1975

New Member, Female, from UK

Beginning my TMS recovery journey. Taking one day at time and feeling more hopeful that I could ever have imagined. Sep 18, 2018

Angel1975 was last seen:
Nov 5, 2019
  • My Story

In 2013 I began to feel a slight discomfort in my lower abdomen. I was 38, my GP sent me for a scan and concluded that I must simply be pre-menopausal.

In 2014 the discomfort increased and by August of that year, I could be found rolling around on my bedroom floor in excruciating agony from 3am onwards almost every morning.

I managed to hold onto my job (heavily dosed on pain relief and wearing a tens machine or hot water bottle every day!) until mid 2016 when my pelvis seemed to seize up and I found myself capable of little more than a shuffle. The pain was still raging. The doctors had placed me on Duloxetine but it made no difference.

In January 2017, I was lost. More than 20lbs heavier than I had been in 2014, no job, no social life, no improvement in my symptoms, no hope.

My GP agreed in December that I could try coming off the medication as I was desperate to discover how much of how I felt was really me and not caused by the meds.

I took my last tablet in February and went through a period of deep depression...the lowest I have ever been and with thoughts that I cannot bring myself to commit to this page.

But things started to improve a little. I lost the weight and I had more energy. The pain was no worse for stopping the meds but it had never really made any difference anyway so my sleep deprivation continued.

This year (2018) has been the same. Too much pain over my left hip, through my pelvis, up my back and down my legs to consider getting a job. Self employment has kept me going but it’s a struggle.

In the early summer, things took a new turn. I began to experience debilitating fatigue. Meeting a friend for coffee meant two days in bed to recover.

My GP surgery is huge and getting an appointment with my favoured GP meant a three week wait. I made an appointment in August for mid Sept and settled into that feeling of hopelessness that was now a comfy and familiar place.

But then, on 10th September something incredible happened. I found an article by Georgie Oldfield. It mentioned something about mind body pain and someone called John Sarno.

Today is 18th September and I have now read Georgie’s Book, begun journaling, and meditating. I now have a clear understanding of what caused my pain, right down to the events that triggered it. I now feel the pain differently and I no longer feel like I am lost forever.

I feel so much hope as I type this. The first hope I can recall feeling since 2014.

I know that I am on a long and emotional journey but I have to honest and say that knowing there is a road in front of me is more than I could have hoped for 10 days ago.
    1. Angel1975
      Angel1975
      Beginning my TMS recovery journey. Taking one day at time and feeling more hopeful that I could ever have imagined.
  • My Story

Diagnoses:
    IBS, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain Syndrome.
    In 2013 I began to feel a slight discomfort in my lower abdomen. I was 38, my GP sent me for a scan and concluded that I must simply be pre-menopausal.

In 2014 the discomfort increased and by August of that year, I could be found rolling around on my bedroom floor in excruciating agony from 3am onwards almost every morning.

I managed to hold onto my job (heavily dosed on pain relief and wearing a tens machine or hot water bottle every day!) until mid 2016 when my pelvis seemed to seize up and I found myself capable of little more than a shuffle. The pain was still raging. The doctors had placed me on Duloxetine but it made no difference.

In January 2017, I was lost. More than 20lbs heavier than I had been in 2014, no job, no social life, no improvement in my symptoms, no hope.

My GP agreed in December that I could try coming off the medication as I was desperate to discover how much of how I felt was really me and not caused by the meds.

I took my last tablet in February and went through a period of deep depression...the lowest I have ever been and with thoughts that I cannot bring myself to commit to this page.

But things started to improve a little. I lost the weight and I had more energy. The pain was no worse for stopping the meds but it had never really made any difference anyway so my sleep deprivation continued.

This year (2018) has been the same. Too much pain over my left hip, through my pelvis, up my back and down my legs to consider getting a job. Self employment has kept me going but it’s a struggle.

In the early summer, things took a new turn. I began to experience debilitating fatigue. Meeting a friend for coffee meant two days in bed to recover.

My GP surgery is huge and getting an appointment with my favoured GP meant a three week wait. I made an appointment in August for mid Sept and settled into that feeling of hopelessness that was now a comfy and familiar place.

But then, on 10th September something incredible happened. I found an article by Georgie Oldfield. It mentioned something about mind body pain and someone called John Sarno.

Today is 18th September and I have now read Georgie’s Book, begun journaling, and meditating. I now have a clear understanding of what caused my pain, right down to the events that triggered it. I now feel the pain differently and I no longer feel like I am lost forever.

I feel so much hope as I type this. The first hope I can recall feeling since 2014.

I know that I am on a long and emotional journey but I have to honest and say that knowing there is a road in front of me is more than I could have hoped for 10 days ago.