1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
jjsurfn
Last Activity:
May 7, 2018

Share This Page

jjsurfn

New Member, Male, from New Jersey

Need to get my life back and out of pain Oct 19, 2016

jjsurfn was last seen:
May 7, 2018
  • My Story

I broke my neck 9 years ago and had surgery with rods and plates. I have had neck pain ever since it was mostly muscle pain after excersizing or looking up or down for too long. Then I started having shoulder pain on right side, had it checked out was a minor tear of Labrum and rotator cuff Dr.said it wasnt to bad considering my age and all the baseball and surfing I had done. The shoulde pain then switched to left side for maby 6 months got better for 6 months then switched to right side again for close to a year then finally went away. I did physical therapy and other manipulations and too many NSAIDS. Aboout 1 1/2 years ago I hurt my low back rally bad could hardly work for 3 weeks. I have since tried every possible treatment I could find with no help, the pain just wont get better. I can manage it to work but thats when my day usually ends. I have stopped doing all the activities that I enjoy mostly surfing seems like every time I feel better I try and surf and end up with back pain again. I just read Dr. Sarno's book Healing back pain and started to feel better as I was reading it. Started surfing again couple times and felt pretty good. Last time out back started to bother me a little and now I think the fear has taken over again. I believe this diagnosis is correct because as others have said I saw myself on alot of the pages of his book. Hopefully I can keep reading and researching to get better.
    1. jjsurfn
      jjsurfn
      Need to get my life back and out of pain
  • My Story

Diagnoses:
    Bulging disc L 4-5
    I broke my neck 9 years ago and had surgery with rods and plates. I have had neck pain ever since it was mostly muscle pain after excersizing or looking up or down for too long. Then I started having shoulder pain on right side, had it checked out was a minor tear of Labrum and rotator cuff Dr.said it wasnt to bad considering my age and all the baseball and surfing I had done. The shoulde pain then switched to left side for maby 6 months got better for 6 months then switched to right side again for close to a year then finally went away. I did physical therapy and other manipulations and too many NSAIDS. Aboout 1 1/2 years ago I hurt my low back rally bad could hardly work for 3 weeks. I have since tried every possible treatment I could find with no help, the pain just wont get better. I can manage it to work but thats when my day usually ends. I have stopped doing all the activities that I enjoy mostly surfing seems like every time I feel better I try and surf and end up with back pain again. I just read Dr. Sarno's book Healing back pain and started to feel better as I was reading it. Started surfing again couple times and felt pretty good. Last time out back started to bother me a little and now I think the fear has taken over again. I believe this diagnosis is correct because as others have said I saw myself on alot of the pages of his book. Hopefully I can keep reading and researching to get better.