Recent content by Zaylou

  1. Z

    can my version of tourettes be TMS?????

    This is interesting. Thank you so much for sharing. I am 33 and last year I developed a tick where are my teeth chatter together in my head bobs. It seems to only happen when I'm really stressed, which makes it seem like a TMS symptom to me. I did talk to my psychiatrist to make sure it wasn't a...
  2. Z

    New Program Day 16: Emotional Repression

    if you decide you want to learn the names of your emotions in the future, I've found emotion wheels very helpful. you can google "emotions wheel" for a free one. you start at the core emotion (ex: joy) and move further out choosing a word in that category (category: joy) that resonate with you.
  3. Z

    Eye eczema

    i had it during college while very stressed and very sick. i didn't know about tms then, but I've since wondered if it was tms
  4. Z

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Is this what people mean when they talk about outcome independence in TMS recovery? It has always been unclear to me, but I'm thinking maybe it's just saying either way things will be okay.
  5. Z

    When we’re stressed, the brain can automatically predict danger and react to familiar triggers. Curiosity can help interrupt that automatic response.

    Interesting concept! I'll have to pay attention to that this week. Reminds me of being told that you can't be anxious if you're thinking of all the things you're grateful for.
  6. Z

    Why Somatic Tracking might not be working for you. (The science and theory behind why active visualisation works better for some.)

    This is a great post, thank you for sharing. I'm thankful somatic tracking works for me, but I've also found visualization helps. I also have issues with my TMJ joint. I like your idea of visualizing oiling it. I'm going to try that tonight. I like to visualize, in a non creepy way, unhooking my...
  7. Z

    New Program Day 9: Somatic Tracking

    This was the reminder I needed today! All it took was about 30 seconds of somatic tracking for my intense shoulder pain to fade.
  8. Z

    New Program Day 8: The Ignition for Change

    oof!! that could have been a recording of me 🙈
  9. Z

    New Program Day 7: Pressure and Criticism

    I'm going to have to get that book..... describes me to a T. thanks for sharing!
  10. Z

    New Program Day 4: Breaking the Pain Cycle

    I'm trying to change how i talk to myself. instead of "my wrist hurts" i think "My wrist is scared" or "my wrist feels like it's in danger. " then i check in to see why it might be scared and reassure it that it is safe and I'll take care of it.
  11. Z

    New Program Day 2: The Nature of Pain

    I have found Dr. Peter A. Levine's book, Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, very helpful in expounding on this concept. I've recognized that I easily and often get stuck in fight or flight and that triggers symptoms.
  12. Z

    New Program Day 3: Identifying the Source

    I'm curious, is chronic anxiety considered a TMS symptom? I'm wondering how anxiety could be assessed in a similar manner, like a structural issue, but it's mental so that would be different. Meaning I wonder how a doctor could tell if anxiety is TMS related or something else Is anxiety...
  13. Z

    New here

  14. Z

    New here

    This is so helpful, thank you so much for sharing. I had not thought of these things in that context. I like shifting from “obstacle” to “everything is functioning as it should.” It particularly resonated with me when you said “‘what if’ I need to hear ‘slow down’ more loudly?” In the past I...
  15. Z

    New here

    Thanks so much @BloodMoon. that is really helpful as I learn to navigate the forum. I have started Alan Gordon’s 21 day PRP with a goal of posting something everyday for accountability purposes. Thanks for the welcome and the help finding the programs!
Back
Top