Recent content by Weston

  1. W

    My introduction: seven year computer injury

    Hey Dabatross -- sorry for the delayed reply: have been trying to find a place to live and starting at a demanding new job which makes heavy use of my previously 'injured' areas, so not much in the way of time :) I can relate very closely to a lot of what you said. Actually I had the same...
  2. W

    Entering the next phase?

    I haven't been able to observe the pain in connection with stress yet, but it does seem strongly tied to worry. If I can get myself to not worry it almost disappears. I've noticed in my right hand especially that if I'm worried and check how it's doing, I'll start getting a fairly sharp pain...
  3. W

    Entering the next phase?

    I'm on my fifth day now of focused effort on reducing TMS pain, and I've got to say, things feel different. For one, my knowledge of the origin of my pain appears like a shield I can use against it (though it's awkward to handle). I have spent a lot of yesterday and today in what feels like a...
  4. W

    My introduction: seven year computer injury

    That sounds like exactly what I've been doing Forest... I'm set on turning it around now though!
  5. W

    Overcome doubts

    Hi Balaenoptera -- I'm pretty new myself, but I have made some discoveries that I'll share with you. First is on believing 100%. I'm a very skeptical person myself, so I anticipated that this would be difficult, thinking that I'd have to trick myself into believing or just having 'faith'...
  6. W

    Day 1 Becoming hopeful

    Hi Sandy. This is one thing, among others, that I'd previously just assumed was how all people are. I remember when I was a teenager thinking about how I seemed to be a different person at work versus at home versus at school. My rationale for it was that I'd kind of established who I was going...
  7. W

    My introduction: seven year computer injury

    Hi Jan -- I like what you have said about TMS theory helping a little or a lot. There have already been small findings that I'm sure will be permanent takeaways, even if I had no further improvements. I think it's interesting that you linked me to the outcome independence thread: I came across...
  8. W

    Day 1 Becoming hopeful

    Thank you for the welcome. That was an interesting video, has got me thinking of some questions I'd like to ask myself along the lines of personal 'authenticity' in the sense that he uses it.
  9. W

    My introduction: seven year computer injury

    Hello all. I'm halfway through The Divided Mind, and have just started following the wiki-based program -- have a 'Day 1' thread in the forum for it, but I figure a more general introduction would be best here. When I was a teenager I had pretty bad acne and things were going poorly for me...
  10. W

    Day 1 Becoming hopeful

    Hello all. A friend recommended Dr. Sarno's writings to me for mitigating hand/wrist/arm pain that I've had from keyboard usage for about seven years now. I picked up an e-book version of The Divided Mind, and I'm about halfway through it. I would describe myself as requiring concrete...
Back
Top