Star238

Age: 56, living in UK

In 2005 I had a virus which turned into a chest infection. I didn't recover properly and was told I had post-viral fatigue. This didn't go away and I started to get really achey and tired. I was referred to a chest physician who couldn't find anything wrong. I stopped working for 3 months but it didn't get any better and in the end I decided to get back to work. I eventually paid to see a doctor in London in 2006 who told me I had a mild version of fibromyalgia. My marriage was in trouble and life was very stressful at that time. I eventually divorced in 2010.

In 2012 I started the menopause. The symptoms had stayed more or less the same over the past 6 years. I was in daily pain and fairly fatigued. I also suffered from an irritable painful bladder. Following the menopause things seemed to get worse, the pain was more severe and I was starting to get multiple food intolerances and a lot of anxiety. In 2014 I started to get frequent migraines and was put on betablockers which helped a lot. I left work last year as it was getting too much and after reading a book about psychosomatic illness I started seeing a psychotherapist recently.

I have also seen a nutritionist who has found H Pylori, low B vitamins and some inflammation in my bowel. I'm not sure if these are anything to do with TMS.

I'm hoping to get some relief by following this programme.
Location
United Kingdom
Diagnoses
Fibromyalgia, migraine, food intolerances
Gender
Female

Trophies

  1. 5

    First Year

    Congratulations, you've made it a year!
  2. 3

    First Month

    Congratulations on having been a member for a month!
  3. 2

    Somebody Likes You

    Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  4. 1

    First Message

    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
Back
Top