Recent content by Sprocket

  1. S

    Longer recovery times?

    Thanks to all of you for your posts. I, too, have become discouraged after applying the TMS techniques to a painful hip for 7 months with no progress. I do remember SteveO in The Great Pain Deception saying that it was well over a year before he saw any progress. I admire the bravery of those...
  2. S

    Osteoarthritis of the hip

    Thanks for your comments, Plumcrazy. I'm really starting to wonder if my hip pain is not due to TMS since I've made no progress at all after reading the Sarno and Ozanich books and applying the recommended techniques for 7 months now. I really don't want surgery but am getting so tired and...
  3. S

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Boy, I can really relate to the uncertainty regarding decisions - and in my case they have to do with the diagnosis of TMS vs severe hip osteoarthritis. Which do I have - or is it both? Do I continue to take the TMS approach and limp around at work (my nickname is now PegLeg) or bite the bullet...
  4. S

    Confused about Osteoarthritis

    Thanks to all for sharing your hip OA stories. I have found it interesting that while walking and climbing the steps hurts, sitting does not. I really, really do not want to go the hip replacement route - partially because of the downtime and restrictions, and partially for fear that the pain...
  5. S

    New Program Day 3: Identifying the Source

    Thanks Click and Alan. That was my question as well. It's clear that I have a dx of severe OA of the left hip. Yet SteveO said his hip is almost "melted away" with OA yet he now experiences no pain. I guess the fact that I've had gastrointestinal problems, migraines, hives, anxiety, and acne...
  6. S

    Hip Pain Update

    Thank you all - you've given me hope when I desperately needed it.
  7. S

    Hip Pain Update

    Thanks Tennis Tom - your words are very encouraging! I do go to the gym regularly and do the stair climber or elliptical - some days the pain eases a bit, some days not so much. The thought of a THR horrifies me so I'm continuing to stay the TMS course - luckily my nurse practitioner is open...
  8. S

    Hip Pain Update

    Hi Jane2. I really empathize with your struggle. I too am dealing with hip pain that keeps me from walking - which, like you, I used for stress relief. In my case I have an x-ray showing severe osteoarthritis in my hip. The thought of hip replacement totally freaks me out so I am desperate to...
  9. S

    Osteoarthritis of the hip

    Thank you, Balto! Your words really lifted my spirits on a very rainy Thursday. May I ask how long it took for you to be rid of your pain (realizing that I'm not supposed to count the days...)?
  10. S

    Osteoarthritis of the hip

    Hi All, I am new to this site but have read Dr. Sarno's and Steve O's books and have been practicing their techniques for the past 6 months. I was originally diagnosed with mild spinal stenosis but constant hip pain (also in left groin and butt areas) caused me to have an x-ray recently which...
Back
Top