Recent content by Ruth

  1. R

    New Program Day 19: Extinction Bursts

    From my meditation teacher--She experienced the deaths of her two siblings (when they were in their 40s) only 3 weeks apart and had to move her residence at the same time. Some years later she was hit by a car while crossing a street and endured severe physical injury. So as you can see, she's...
  2. R

    New Program Day 19: Extinction Bursts

    So much experience and wisdom here. Because of this Forum I started listening to Claire Weekes' audio books. I listen with CDs. The second CD in the 2-CD set in "Pass Through Panic," tracks 7 and 8, deals with what she calls "setbacks." Setbacks can show up as extinction bursts (her language...
  3. R

    New Program Day 11: Pain Reprocessing

    I'd just like to add that an instance of "frozen shoulder" was healed when I discovered it was due to unacknowledged grief. I told my physician, Dr. David Schechter, about it (Dr. Schechter is a TMS physician in Los Angeles) and he confirmed he'd been hearing about grief as a trigger for TMS...
  4. R

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Hello again, All. Talk about perfect timing....I'm reading a book called "Stick with It," by Sean Young, Ph.D., who's at UCLA. On page 90 he observes that in MRI studies participants who heard kind and encouraging messages had a response in the brain that was the same place where physical...
  5. R

    New Program Day 13: Overcoming Uncertainty

    Hello and thank you for these thoughts. They resonate with me. I'm in my 70s and I've had TMS off and on for over 35 years and have been struggling with and learning from my current symptoms for about as long as you have. They were also precipitated by or coincident with a personal crisis (maybe...
Back
Top