Recent content by PlainJane

  1. PlainJane

    New Program Day 2: The Nature of Pain

    Hi, Connie! I, too, am a beginner here but have a really great doctor who has diagnosed me with TMS. I first read "The Mindbody Prescription by Dr. Sarno. I've read it twice. Then she lent me "Unlearn Your Pain" by Dr. Schubiner. It not only tells much of what Sarno says but adds onto it...
  2. PlainJane

    New Program Day 4: Breaking the Pain Cycle

    I've been away from this site for a bit, listening to a special that lasted 9 days called Proven. I was hoping they might mention TMS but they only got close. It was quite a good program, and I haven't quit my work of healing, just haven't been putting in the time here, which I plan to get...
  3. PlainJane

    New Program Day 5: Changing Your Brain

    I don't know if I'm using this site correctly but I'm still going forward. Last night I started Dr. Sarno's book for the third time. I have been meditating daily for about 2-1/2 months, now. It feel so good. :) But I came her to say 'things are happening.' At first this was all very...
  4. PlainJane

    New Program Day 4: Breaking the Pain Cycle

    Hi. I'm on day 4 here, but I'm on day 61 of meditating and so on. I don't think there really is a day one. I was introduced to Sarno's work 2 years ago and it took me reading his book twice to really get into this. It also helped that my husband wanted to start meditating. Someone here...
  5. PlainJane

    New Program Day 1: Introduction

    Wow! Thank you for the recommendation. :) I'll definitely check it out. In fact, I look forward to reading it.
  6. PlainJane

    New Program Day 2: The Nature of Pain

    I couldn't resist responding to you as I've been reading through, here. I find that when I'm doing something I enjoy, pain is less. But it has to be a great joy. For example, when I get together with my family yearly I have more energy when I'm there and am able to enjoy myself more. I do...
  7. PlainJane

    New Program Day 1: Introduction

    Hello. This is day one for me. My doctor recommended coming here after I'd read Doctor Sarno's book again. The first time it was too hard to take. How could my own brain do this to me? But since it can, then it can also fix me up just fine, or at least well enough. Twenty-five+ years of...
Back
Top