Recent content by PAChristine

  1. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Aside: Facebook being down is killing me today.
  2. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Day 8 Well, I dropped off of the face of the planet for a minute there. Things were just getting too intense emotionally, and I needed a break. My symptoms also flared BIG TIME, and the thought of looking at a computer screen sounded like torture. A couple of days ago, I learned that it will...
  3. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    I woke up fuming this morning. I know what (who) caused my migraines to start, and I'm PISSED. I started a kinda crappy job 3 hours from home in 2015, and the physician who hired me there brought the final straws. He's the one who told me that my feelings are irrelevant, my opinions are...
  4. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Day 6. THE FLOOD GATES OPENED. I did it. I connected with my bullied childhood self and felt everything she was feeling again in full, vivid agony. I BECAME her again as I journaled. And then I wept in RAGE and pain and frustration as the emotions boiled inside of me, still screaming for...
  5. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    So... I'm having a hard time yesterday and today. Lots of pain and a strong aversion to doing the work of the program. Most of me is able to recognize the pain for what it is, but I suppose I'm afraid that the emotional pain I need to face will be even worse than the physical pain my brain has...
  6. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Day 4 Prompt: What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind? Maybe a year ago, my migraine specialist neurologist told me with utter exasperation that I need to stop looking for a cause, because they are "just...
  7. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Day 3: Exercise and Some Thoughts It took me a few days to get through the recommended reading and links for day 3. I had to go back and catch up on things I had previously missed, so there was a lot. It's also a bit hard to face, to be honest. But I'm finding that as soon as I think about...
  8. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Reply from Hedger: Wow, you got to start getting this shit out. Your anger is very obvious in your writing. Still, you need to pump the level up way further in your personal journaling that no one sees. You seemed to have gone through soooo much, I would have been a fucking raging wreck!! I...
  9. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    DAY 2: ANGER AND SADNESS The assignment today is to list three things that make me angry, and three things that make me sad. ... just three? Lol, I can think of like a dozen, easy. I guess I'll stick to the top few each. I'll also elaborate on each a little. ANGER: 1. Broken Promises. I feel...
  10. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Reply from Ellen: Christine, You can read my Success Story on my profile or in the Success Stories sub-forum. I rid myself of migraines and fibromyalgia using only TMS treatment. I had migraines since age 4 and they became chronic in my 50's, with about 15 episodes per month. I took more...
  11. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Hi yb44 - thanks for your reply. I really do need to hear that people with migraines have found success with these methods. I did achieve a career I love, bought a house I love, had hobbies I love, had an exercise routine which was going great, had friends I spent time with... and I've had to...
  12. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    Reply from yb44: Hi Christine The one thing that jumped out at me was the title of your thread. Six years is a long time. For me it was more like 35 years, but who’s counting? Was my life ruined? It did have a massive impact on my ability to work and on my relationships, especially with my...
  13. PAChristine

    Christine vs. Migraines - SEP Journal

    I decided to just consolidate all of my threads into this one. So that my whole story will already be in one place. Here's Day 1: Hi, I'm Christine, and chronic migraines have ruined my life. Six years ago, I started having strange neurologic symptoms - brain fog, clumsiness, fatigue...
  14. PAChristine

    Day 3 Exercise (and some thoughts)

    It took me a few days to get through the recommended reading and links for day 3. I had to go back and catch up on things I had previously missed, so there was a lot. It's also a bit hard to face, to be honest. But I'm finding that as soon as I think about accessing the program, my migraine...
Back
Top