Recent content by NNava

  1. NNava

    Things that communicate danger to my brain

    Hello! Thank you for sharing! First off I absolutely relate to so much that you experience. Every one of the behaviors and thoughts you listed I have experienced and I'm sure will experience at some time again. After years of daily pain, i am pretty much pain free, but I don't overly focus on...
  2. NNava

    Boredom / restlessness causing TMS?

    Interesting! That makes so much sense. That program "Noom" for weight loss,. On one of their commercials a man stated that he belonged to "the clean plate club." When he was a child you had to clean your plate whether you were full or not. So he was a good boy for cleaning his plate. Not...
  3. NNava

    Boredom / restlessness causing TMS?

    Thank you very much for this. What great advice and information. The portioning and eating 5 small meals really makes sense for me. I really appreciate your taking the time to write this and share these insights with me. Last night after reading this I had a piece of chicken and I was going to...
  4. NNava

    Boredom / restlessness causing TMS?

    Hi! I'm reading through this entire post and I know it's many years later. I too have come to this boredom conclusion. I know there are plenty of things to do,. Life is not boring but I am internally bored with it. I know life offers many things to do but finding the interest to do them seems to...
  5. NNava

    Symtom Imperative/Extinction Burst???

    Oh man I relate so much to all you have said. The thing about setting off the neural pathways. So I've always had dogs. And as far back as I can remember I have heard that a dog knows you're afraid no matter how much you try to act like you aren't. That is how I feel with fear and TMS. It knows...
  6. NNava

    Symtom Imperative/Extinction Burst???

    Also yes to having a fear of movement. It's as if any time I do more exerting tasks I am kinda checking in to see,. "Is it there?,. No,. Good. How bout now?" Ha! It reminds me of the saying "A watched pot never boils" except this pot does boil when you watch it.
  7. NNava

    Symtom Imperative/Extinction Burst???

    Yes!! You are so right! I completely know it's the fear that's getting me. And also yes to knowing what TMS is and hitting all the personality traits and a very stressful time in my life but understanding it and doing it are very different. I know what you mean by how it seems so clear when you...
  8. NNava

    Symtom Imperative/Extinction Burst???

    First of all I'm sorry you're in pain. Bottom line it sucks to be in pain. I will follow your thread because I am somewhat in same boat as you. My Achilles heel is my arms. Both arms. I did nothing for 3 years to not aggravate the already excruciating pain I had all day. The arm pain slowly...
  9. NNava

    Re book: 'The Untethered Soul' by Michael A. Singer

    I just started reading this book last night,. Your questions sound interesting and i look forward to reading this book and will do my best to remember to come back and respond in some way to what you're pondering. But at the same time I can see myself in you with the questions you ask so I may...
  10. NNava

    Ross Douthat NY Times Piece

    I thought same thing. I believe the main girl was either in or had gone to med school. After learning about TMS I recall thinking of that film and remembered all the diets and pills etc she had tried. I also thought of all the people on that documentary and wondered if any of them ever found...
  11. NNava

    Is this feeling self love?

    Hey thank you Andy! I appreciate what you had to say. It's interesting that when I finally gave up and surrendered I was blessed with support and a big answer as to why I'm suffering. That night the emotional pain finally trumped the physical pain. I'm starting to see the journey in this because...
  12. NNava

    The Dark Days of Fibromyalgia

    So hopeful! Thank you for posting! How amazing for you! I have fibromyalgia and relate so much to seeking and hunting for years all the while not knowing none of that would help. A few weeks ago I was looking through pics on my old phone during my really dark days before I knew it was TMS. I too...
  13. NNava

    despersonalization.

    I am not giving advice just have noticed from myself and from my psychologists input that sometimes our mind just gets overwhelmed. Do you think a lot? I think obsessively. Again I don't know but maybe your minds way of just checking out due to over use. I'm sure you'll get some good input...
  14. NNava

    despersonalization.

    Hi Steve! Happy Saturday to you! Can you elaborate a little more on how you're feeling? I don't want to say I know for sure how you're feeling if I don't fully know for sure. What I can relate to is a sort of dissociative type feeling. If I become overwhelmed with anxiety especially in a social...
Back
Top