NNava

Four years ago I lost everything I had worked so hard for. My business, a home, my health, and my identity. The physical pain started slowly and I would soon find out that I would be riddled with debilitating pain all day and all night for what's felt like an eternity. Burning aching arms, sciatic pain in my legs, headaches that lasted months, and mystery tooth pain. I muscled through and saw countless dr's only to find that nothing was wrong. I was losing the will to live due to pain and isolation but every image and blood test came back as not only was nothing wrong, but I was actually very healthy. This was the darkest place I could imagine. No friends, no identity, no purpose. Pain became my identity and suffering became my life. Right as I felt like giving up, I was blessed with a new Dr who explained that my childhood experiences and all the stress I endured could bring about this pain. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia but assured me if I could unwind the rubber band ball I'd become, that I could not only heal but I could be whole. He told me that my pain was a gift for enlightenment. At this time I found "The Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich and became grateful in the knowing that I had TMS and I was the person in his book that he describes so perfectly. I still have pretty awful pain but my mind isn't being dragged down with it. I have hope now and am grateful to be a part of this community.
Diagnoses
Fibromyalgia
Gender
Female

Trophies

  1. 5

    Keeps Coming Back

    20 messages posted. You must like it here!
  2. 2

    Somebody Likes You

    Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  3. 1

    First Message

    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
  4. 3

    First Month

    Congratulations on having been a member for a month!
Back
Top