Hi,
Alan's pain recovery programme has been a valuable support to my recovery https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery (Pain Recovery Program)
The words and descriptions within Alan's Pain Recover Programme are very real to my life experiences and the path my mind and body took to develop...
YES, I think, well for me, I believe you are spot on, myositis is tension in the muscles, I think this is fundamental to understand what is happening - now comes the harder bit (for me anyhow) to control this automatic response, learnt response, not even know it is happening most of the time...
I like your story, and for me I don't think you are necessary doing anything wrong, your determination to crack this nut is perfect in my opinion, the process of recovery needs grit and dedication.
One thing that may help is I was given the fibromyalgia label' for many years, than like you I...