Recent content by lia

  1. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    yes, i've danced and exercised before. i used dance to lose weight a few years back. i did hurt my knee once through dancing but that was only a small injury that went away in a week or even less. i think that might be the same case for me. if pain develops in my knee, i would associate it...
  2. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    i've also read that your brain likes to develop pain in places where you would not think of it as tension related. so maybe my brain developed knee pain because it knows i would associate the pain with exercise instead of internal issues?
  3. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    i also had those "what if" thoughts. i love dancing very much and i thought, what if i can't dance anymore? also, what if I can't run or do sports anymore? why is this happening to me? i'm still very young and thinking about those things made me really depressed. i am not sure whether i have...
  4. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    so you do think that my pain is caused by my emotions and there's no real damage? how should i go about fixing this?
  5. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    yes, and that's why i'm afraid to start exercising again. a MRI won't even show if i have true tendonitis or not so basically i'll never know what the problem is. is it possible that i did injure myself but the injury already healed and the rest is just mental? and how long would an injury...
  6. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    I feel like I probably did injure my knees but because I was so afraid of the pain, I amplified it. Maybe it's a bit of both.. I also know that running/jumping/stair climbing (not too sure about that one) are aggravating to the knees but I cut down my physical activity by half and maybe more...
  7. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    so your knee problems are also caused by TMS? i also know jumping and running are bad for your knees so i've stopped that for two weeks but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. i read that tendinitis usually resolves itself within 2-4 weeks. i've had mines for 12. i can't really avoid...
  8. L

    patellar tendonitis?

    both my knees started hurting way back in december 2012 and the doctor diagnosed me with patellar tendonitis. it's been 2 months going on to 3 and it's getting ridiculous. i want to work out so badly but i can't because i'm afraid that i might aggravate it even further. one doctor told me i have...
Back
Top