Recent content by Josina Stresemann

  1. Josina Stresemann

    Discombobulated

    sad story indeed and it is true that also our parents are just people who make mistakes and are sometimes incapable of doing the right thing. Do your parents know how you feel and what TMS is?
  2. Josina Stresemann

    Day 10 Time to write my story

    thanks enrique! yes i truly feel time has come to let go of the past and start living in the now. It's difficult sometimes because especially using a computer still triggers pain reactions, and that is also the most deconstructive symptom right now (because i am afraid to apply for jobs)...
  3. Josina Stresemann

    Discombobulated

    wow impressive letter. So you are taking care of your parents in everyday life?
  4. Josina Stresemann

    Day 1 The beginning of my TMS journey

    Hey Mark, i can totally relate to your question, but i have also have recently decided to be so confident in the diagnosis that my pain is due to TMS and TMS only so time is not interesting anymore. I think it's key to understand that when you are wondering when your symptoms will alleviate...
  5. Josina Stresemann

    Day 10 Progress so far

    Hey Gydiwon, first of all I think it's very good you have stopped avoiding certain activities :). Just also try to focus a bit less on the pain (easier said than done, I know, this is my current struggle). Are you already working with positive affirmations? I agree with what Lori says. Dig...
  6. Josina Stresemann

    Day 10 Time to write my story

    thank you all so much for your posts, good to know there are people willing to support one another through this process. This forum is amazing. Good luck to you all!
  7. Josina Stresemann

    Day 4 Great doctor! (not!)

    what a great idea! Good luck at your check up, i am curious to hear how she will react.
  8. Josina Stresemann

    Day 10 Time to write my story

    Hey guys, i just tried to summarize my tms story and am a bit afraid to post it but i just will because shame is a huge reason for my tms i think. here it is! Main reasons for TMS: - my parents divorced when I was 6 because of my fathers mental illness (bipolar disorder /manic depressed) -...
  9. Josina Stresemann

    Day 1 The beginning of my TMS journey

    Oeps sorry i made a mistake, it is the book Mind over Back pain that is not recommended! The divided mind looks very interesting, since it covers many other tms equivalents! I think I will buy this one as well! When I am reading I feel so confident about the diagnosis that often I feel little pain
  10. Josina Stresemann

    Day 1 The beginning of my TMS journey

    Hey sandy, I love to read about your succes so far! would you recommend The Divided Mind? I thought this was not his best work, and The Mindbody Prescription is the best one. Did you read that one as well? I am now reading it for the second time and start to understand it better. it's also...
  11. Josina Stresemann

    Day 4 Great doctor! (not!)

    Hey Forest, thank you for your encouraging reply. This is so great! I indeed hope and believe (:)) I will one day be one of those persons who couldn't even type their name without pain and is now unrestricted. I am working hard for it!
  12. Josina Stresemann

    Day 1 Questions

    Hey there, I am in recovery from TMS as well and not yet an expert but i will try to help you with your questions: 1. If you continue to day four, you will read about how 2 centuries ago paralysis used to be a common TMS. Every period has his own acceptable TMS, which is not (yet) considered...
  13. Josina Stresemann

    Day 4 Great doctor! (not!)

    ps: second best is a physical practionar who said 'I wish I could give you a new shoulder'.... Not very motivating when you try to overcome the pain! Those remarks give carte blanche to the unconscious to create more pain, since the pain is legimate. Starting to feel angry so let's go for a run!
  14. Josina Stresemann

    Day 4 Great doctor! (not!)

    Hey everyone, as suggested in the educational program, i will reply to the question what is the most disheartening thing I have been told regarding my physical condition and how this has affected me: 9 years ago I visited a doctor with my 'rsi' troubles and she told me: - the damage is...
Back
Top