Recent content by Jentx123

  1. Jentx123

    Day 1 Starting the SEP

    I am still here! Still working on the SEP. :-)
  2. Jentx123

    Day 3 confused

    Hi ashoo! I'm glad you were able to get out with your family. Don't feel bad about taking painkillers. When you are early on in the TMS process I think it's fine. I only started it myself a few weeks ago and I still have a stash of pain meds that I use when things get really bad! After all, as...
  3. Jentx123

    Pain and anxiety at the same time?

    Yes! I have both. I am not sure whether the pain contributed to the anxiety or vice versa. I do take medication for my anxiety, still trying to figure out the one that's right for me. The goal for me is to eventually get off of medication and just handle my anxiety through therapy (which I am...
  4. Jentx123

    Day 6 Meditating

    Tried the "body scan" meditation technique today and it went well! It's similar to something I used years ago when I had insomnia. I did it reclining a bit on the bed instead of sitting in a chair, with a heating pad on my back. The warmth helps to relax me because I get so cold this time of...
  5. Jentx123

    Am I suppossed to just workout with this pain?

    I am brand new to this site and just coming around to my TMS diagnosis but I just wanted to say that I ran a marathon in January, after my TMS symptoms started. I had paid for the race a year prior and there was no way I was missing it! I came out of it with no more pain than I had started with...
  6. Jentx123

    Day 1 Starting the SEP

    I have not read them yet (going to order; they're not at my local BN) but I definitely think I fit the personality profiles. Total perfectionist and people pleaser. This is also something my therapist figured out. LOL.
  7. Jentx123

    Day 1 Starting the SEP

    Hi all, After reading about it for a few days I have decided I am finally ready to start the SEP and I finished the first few writing exercises tonight. Background: symptoms started in November with mysterious pain under ribs in front...got trigger point injection and it mostly went away...but...
Back
Top