Recent content by friedmin

  1. F

    Doing more, having more pain. I'm scared.

    Thanks so much, Steve, Walt and Anne! Steve - I also found some of your wise words on another post: "To simplify: 1) You should become physical, doing what you want again, without worries 2) But don't do what I did, attack it with extreme aggression. This undermines your goal which is to...
  2. F

    Doing more, having more pain. I'm scared.

    Hi Anne - Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate your very accepting approach to this process, and your encouragement to persist. It's also very helpful to hear your experience... I too have tried to just tell myself - work with the TMS "model" - give it a chance. Sometimes I'm...
  3. F

    Doing more, having more pain. I'm scared.

    Hi there! I am relatively new to this forum - and to the work of trying to apply the TMS approach to my pain - and have gotten some really helpful responses from you "experts" out there! So I would love some help... This weekend was both wonderful and difficult. I was FAR more social than...
  4. F

    Suspected TMS but need some advice

    Hi Unity 14 - I am new to this forum as well, and also experienced multiple symptoms and have suffered from anxiety (less so now) - with pain moving from buttocks to lower back to middle back to neck to right thigh to feet, etc etc. This seems like classic TMS, even though I could provide a...
  5. F

    NPR article about resuming physical activity

    Thanks! I was a dancer for nearly 30 years and the satisfaction I got from dancing was both physical and psychological. In fact, I believe that dance was my "savior" as a child living in a dysfunctional family. So for me - like many others - the ability to move, to feel strong and agile was...
  6. F

    Fear of bending

    Much appreciated Walt... ;)
  7. F

    NPR article about resuming physical activity

    Thanks Herbie (Eric?)! Great to read your story... It seems like getting stronger and understanding TMS was a powerful combination for you... When I did the "back boot camp" many years ago (a la Rainsville and Groopman), I was terrified that I would get further injured by the exercises and...
  8. F

    Fear of bending

    Hi Leonor - Thanks for sharing how you address the pain/exercise conundrum, and the methods people use to "bring it to light" - and the reminder that it's not physical! Mindy (friedmin)
  9. F

    Fear of bending

    You're right, Walt! Focus on the positives... And I appreciate your sense of humor! ;-)
  10. F

    Fear of bending

    Thanks, Forest. The evidence sheet is a great idea. And I enjoyed reading your story! (via the link) I am at the stage where there's more pain when I do more, but I'm doing it anyway. My stuff got kicked up last night when my partner kicked my knee (accidently!) when getting back into bed...
  11. F

    NPR article about resuming physical activity

    I went to this program a number of years ago (the last time I experienced protracted back pain). It didn't work for me at the time, but many years later, I now "get" the rationale, etc. But to Walt - or others in this forum, what do you make of the different approaches? Rainsville is all...
  12. F

    Just joined group - how respond to pain when exercising?

    Just to finish the thought - It did strike me that my pain increased with the additional stresses. Seems like classic TMS from what I have read about other people's lives... The power of the mind is baffling!
  13. F

    Just joined group - how respond to pain when exercising?

    Thanks, Bruce. wow - Interesting to hear about your pain-rash connection! As for me - I have done a Skype consult with a TMS doc, Marc Sopher, who looked at my MRIs, reviewed responses to a questionnaire that I submitted to him before we spoke and then we talked for 45 minutes. Marc said he...
Back
Top