Recent content by dcr24

  1. D

    Plantar Fasciitis ultrasound

    Thanks for the tips. I have been able to keep to my usual activities despite the foot symptoms. Now I have back symptoms for the first time in my life. My back has never been symptomatic before and I’ve done nothing to it that would result in these symptoms. I am sure this is TMS.
  2. D

    Plantar Fasciitis ultrasound

    Hello I’ve been struggling with foot pain off and on for about a year. The symptoms are textbook plantar fasciitis: heel pain, painful first morning steps, etc. I’m wondering if anyone has had plantar fasciitis inflammation diagnosed on ultrasound and still treated it successfully as TMS.
  3. D

    Issues with Running

    Hello @Mr Hip Guy We have talked about running before, and I came on here today to post about some of my own running issues, and saw your post. It was interesting reading because I am newly interested in trail running over the roads (seems like more fun, as you point out). One thing I find...
  4. D

    First marathon in a month and TMS?

    I have completed two marathons but signed up for many more only to be derailed by running injuries midway through the training. In the two I finished I had much less pressure on myself to meet certain goals/times/performances. The pressure and perfectionism that goes along with the training may...
  5. D

    TMS and Future Thoughts

    I listen to Eddy frequently. I heard your episode recently Mr Hip! My orthopedist told me FAI is kind of a trendy diagnosis and he wouldn’t do anything about it because my femur has been this way my whole life and the worst thing that can happen is it hurts. He mentioned the bone shaving...
  6. D

    TMS and Future Thoughts

    UPDATE: I ended up going in to see an orthopedist who recommended an MRI to see about possible stress fracture in the hip. The results are femoroacetabular impingement due to "asphericity" and fraying of the labrum with no tear. No stress fracture, which is great news. The evidence I'd gathered...
  7. D

    Pudendal Neuralgia / CPPS due to injury... TMS?

    In 2023 I had chronic pelvic pain for six months after a vasectomy. The pain was excruciating and I fell into a depression. I thought something went wrong with the procedure or I had self-inflicted the problem by resuming my running routine too quickly, even though I followed the urologist’s...
  8. D

    TMS and Future Thoughts

    That may certainly be part of it. There is pressure and stress associated with the events, for sure, even though I do enjoy doing them. And I also enjoy running and being in shape when it doesn’t hurt! My suspicion is rather high that this latest hip issue is a structural issue, possibly a...
  9. D

    TMS and Future Thoughts

    Hello, I've been reading some posts on here about TMS and running/sports injuries. They've been helpful and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience as what I've had the past few years, which is TMS seemingly waiting until you think you're over it--and happy about being over it--to...
Back
Top